Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find a list of Irish NGOs that operate in Africa?

• 07-03-2011 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Sorry mods, I really don't have a clue where to ask this question, too many forums. So anyone? List of Irish NGOs in Africa. So far I have Goal, Trocaire, Concern...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Moved from AH.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

volunteeringoptions.org
    Put the location as Africa, change the 'Irish Organisation' to Yes, put non-profit and then press 'Find' and you get a list of organisations that take volunteers.
    Dochas The members of the Irish association of Non-governmental development organisations. May have some organisations not based in Africa.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

A way to find others, that may not be sending volunteers is to go to Mycharity.ie and get a list of charities that are registered with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭KurtRussel

Thanks for the info.

I'm not actually looking for volunteer work, I want to move permanently to East Africa instead of just a short volunteer stint. Any tips?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

Try the NGOs, beyond that, ask the department of foreign affairs for information and advice for you on where you are going. Ask them if there are any Irish companies operating there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

KurtRussel wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

I'm not actually looking for volunteer work, I want to move permanently to East Africa instead of just a short volunteer stint. Any tips?

Well if it's a paid job with an NGO you're after, they do their hiring in Ireland. So use the aforementioned lists and go on the websites.

Advertisement