Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foodland, across road from Roisin Dub & Wildes

Options
  • 07-03-2011 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

A small little shop opened on the corner there about 1 or 2 weeks ago. But now it looks like it is all closed down... Why?
    They had loads of cheap foreign stuff in there, handy way to save a few shillings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

It's not closed down! I know because my boss owns it, i'm sure it'll be open later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

It seems to have strange opening hours but it's not closed down.

Have to say, it has the cheapest prices I've seen in a corner shop.

6 eggs = 99c
    Bag of potatoes = cheap
    Capri Sun = 45c
    Cheap milk (Aldi prices)

Is it the Chinese next door that owns it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Prolly growing gange in the attic...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Well, the signage was taken down from the front facade over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It's the same owner as Foodland in Liosbain, and they have another shop somewhere in Doughiska.

It's mainly Polish and eastern European goods. If they have a meat and cheese counter like the one in Liosbain it'll be excellent.

I can't figure out the opening hours; the other shop is open 8am to 9pm, IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Opening hours are a bit weird alright, think they were trying to judge the best times to open but generally it's 10am-12am and then on weekends they close around 2.30am.
    They had new signs put up lately so that's probably the reason for the lack of signage at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

It was open last night around half 11, but there were no signs outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Yeah, I see its open alright. Thought it was closed cos of the sign gone & it was closed at some weird time. Anyways, it appears I was wrong, Was open there last night. It does have strange opening times; do they actually have opening times I wonder or is it just when somebody is there... I;ve noticed too that some of the prices have increased since their first few days :-(

Advertisement