Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crying Over Spilt Milk

Options
  • 07-03-2011 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi All
    I had 3 litres of milk spill over the back seat and soaked into the carpet and into the boot of the jeep.I mopped up and washed as much as I could but I am looking for advice as to how to prevent that horrible rancid smell for the next few weeks. If not than could anyone recommend a good valet service near Convoy or Letterkenny? All help greatly appreciated:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

A valet wont do a proper job on the seats, they'll shampoo the carpet and get the milk out of them, but it will seep into the seat foam and probably start to smell in a few days.
    You could try baking soda, sprinkle plenty of it on the seats and carpet, leave it over night and vacuum it up in the morning. You'll need to do it a few times, but baking soda should absorb a lot of the moisture and smells. I'm sure its a common problem, so there should be plenty of ideas on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Agi, or was it Kim? was on Ray Darcy a while ago and she swore by Milton fluid. Guaranteed to solve it I'd swear she said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bellarose

Thanks Guys will try both suggestions.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you ask on the Parenting forum, I'm sure there are many a parent with baby-puke covered seats who've discovered the solution to this problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

jeyes fluid would work well (just kidding)

Baking soda is an odour absorber, as are citrus juices, after wasking, sprinkle baking soda on the spilled are, and let it sit over the weekend or something, should get rid of the smell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Buy a new car!

nah littleredspot hit the nail on the head i was gonna reply the same but onions were also mentioned on that show too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

bellarose wrote: »
    horrible rancid smell for the next few weeks.

Weeks? you'd be talking years for that to go away and my own experience with it only invloved a 250ml carton from school.

Get a new seat somewhere second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I have heard that good car valets will remove the seats and steam clean them. Just ask them if they do this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bellarose

Hi Guys Think its sorted ....washed all really well when it happened but still got an odour tried Milton and sprayed the solution everywhere and it appears to have worked.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭suzerxxx

fabrieze...lots and lots of it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement