Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Egg Prices

Options
  • 07-03-2011 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

I know there's several easter egg threads floating around the Snack and Sweets section of this forum, but has anyone noticed the absolutely MENTAL pricing on easter eggs this year?!

I remember 2 years ago getting a big terry's chocolate orange egg which had a large orange chocolate egg and a terry's orange for about 8 quid. This was a pretty pricey egg for me..

I got the OH a Galaxy egg which comes with 2 galaxy caramel bars (the single strip ones, not 2 bars in a packet) , a ripple, bag of minstrels and an original bar. Plus medium egg.

So essentially, 1 caramel bar, 1 regular bar, 1 small bag of minstrels, 1 ripple and a hollow egg..

I paid *dun dun dun*

Don't even give out to me, I feel stupid enough!

And what's this paying 4.50 for a tiny egg with a few FREDDO'S?!
    The 25 c chocolate bar?!

It comes with a toy you'd get in a happy meal and it's that price?

I can't believe how tight it's gotten. Even last year it was 3 eggs for a fiver in most shops.

Anyone else think it's a bit cheeky?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Centra - 3 medium eggs for €5!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

January wrote: »
    Centra - 3 medium eggs for €5!

Sweet Christ. Are you serious?!

4 euro's odd for a kitkat and snickers egg in Tesco.

Appalling!

Are the Centra one's Cadbury and Nestle yeah?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think so! Just said on the Facebook page!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lornen wrote: »
    Even last year it was 3 eggs for a fiver in most shops.
    And it probably will be this year, its far too early to be buying them, all the shops will have discounts in the runup to easter. I remember egg prices in the 80's now those were mental, I used to ask for a load of bars and a small token egg instead.

I am sickened!

Walked into Tesco, said 14 euro egg is now 7 euro
    All medium eggs are 1.50 so that betters Centra's price by 50 cent.

I should have held out but the big eggs are like absolute GOLD DUST and the egg I got there was only one sitting left on the shelf..

Feel a bit **** about it but if it was gone I'd be even more annoyed I'd say!

Tesco have a MASSIVE sale on today. Wonder what that's all about!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

It's waaaaaayyyyyyy too early to be buying easter eggs, the stores are only getting stock in this week and last and the bargains will start once the stock levels are right.

I think you can expect Tesco to lead the way with crazy pricing this year.

With regards to the half price Galaxy egg, tesco would be planing for people to over buy because they're getting such a good deal. A lot of people will buy an egg now and have it gone well before Easter (which is still 7 weeks away!)

Mr Magners wrote: »
    It's waaaaaayyyyyyy too early to be buying easter eggs, the stores are only getting stock in this week and last and the bargains will start once the stock levels are right.

I think you can expect Tesco to lead the way with crazy pricing this year.

With regards to the half price Galaxy egg, tesco would be planing for people to over buy because they're getting such a good deal. A lot of people will buy an egg now and have it gone well before Easter (which is still 7 weeks away!)

I got that Easter Egg about... 3 weeks ago :P

They've got the stock in AGES now.. I couldn't believe it!
    My aunt manages a cash and carry and she couldn't even get hold of the larger eggs as they were all sold to massive companies like Tesco/Dunnes so I panicked and bought my OH's one...

I then looked at the calendar and was shocked to see Easter falling so late in April. I think many people don't realise how late it's falling and just BUY BUY BUY!

I am one of those fools, massive bag of mini eggs already in store and those amazing mini eggs cakes.. But in fairness to myself, they are my favourite easter treat and last year they were GONE the week of Easter so I had a mini egg-less Easter..

Not on! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I buy about 4 easter eggs a week,cheaper than bars and more in them :pac:

Advertisement