Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird issue with o2 sierra wireless

Options
  • 07-03-2011 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I'm completely clueless about this and would appreciate any input - o2 haven't responded to e-mails.

I have a contract with o2 and am happy with the service in general - I live in a very remote area beside a forest (I kid you not) so any broadband coverage is better than none, and usually, the connection is good. This is the problem - when I have full coverage, the internet is so slow. YouTube takes ages to load a video, and I can't download anything without sitting here for an hour waiting. When I have no coverage, the internet moves at warp speed, YouTube videos play instantly, and a song downloads within a few seconds. Does anyone know how or why this is happening??!!

It's a black Sierra dongle. I'm just completely baffled - basically, whenever I want to download music or watch videos, I'm praying that my coverage is crap. Any ideas? Cheers.

Advertisement