Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation year for medicine NUIG help?

Options
  • 07-03-2011 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi i'm new here, I'm in 5th year and i do 2 sciences (biology and chemistry) and could anyone tell me do you need just 2 or do you need 3 sciences to just do the 5 year course without the foundation year? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Think you can skip straight through to 1st med with 2 sciences, provided you do well enough in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

They will probably offer you the 5 year if you have Chemistry and Biology.You could still choose to do the 6 year though if you wanted,a lot do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mike32123

ok thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mriazi

hi, can anyone tell me if you take any math especially calculus in foundation year or any year at all?? i really need to know as im thinking about dropping a calculus course and if i dont need it for next year theres no point. any help appreciated, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

mriazi wrote: »
    hi, can anyone tell me if you take any math especially calculus in foundation year or any year at all?? i really need to know as im thinking about dropping a calculus course and if i dont need it for next year theres no point. any help appreciated, thanks :)

No you don't do maths and you'll never see calculus again, although you do have a physics module in foundation year. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 mriazi

No you don't do maths and you'll never see calculus again, although you do have a physics module in foundation year. Good luck!

oh thank god!! (i cant stand calculus) thanks for replying :)

Advertisement