Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tank glass repair

Options
  • 07-03-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

i'd left tank outside on concrete in frost so it cracked one morning. i want to repair it- slow leak- i'm thinking silicone sealant will do it? or if there's another product can anyone tell me where to get it?
    a bit worried about sealant/product giving off poison to the water- maybe if i leave sealed tank half filled for a week, empty that 'dirty' water and refill ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

If you use a food grade silicone it will not poison the fish but i wouldn't trust a tank with a crack :eek: was it the bottom that cracked?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 d32

yep-you betcha! happened last april or may-one of the last frosts where there's a fast rise in morning temperature- and the glass cracked across base. i'll never leave a tank out direct on concrete again...
    never heard of food grade silicone before... mmm will definitely try it out tho- curious about it... Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tech 7 silicone sealent can be used on and in aquariams,can be used underwater too.

Any builders providers or diy shop will have it in stock.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 d32

Brilliant. thanks a mill.

Advertisement