Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard warrior atheists in AH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Fúckitty-bang!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Zaph wrote: »
    It's a sad fact that many atheists are evangelical in their zeal to spread the word that there is no god. They give the rest of us atheists a bad name.

"Aah Jaysus man, keep it shallow... for the love of God"

*moons a priest*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Once an atheist doesn't personally attack someone who is religious, I don't see what the problem is - naturally they're going to ridicule religion seeing as they see it as ridiculous. But once they respect the right of those who wish to embrace it (and once that person respects them back) they've fulfilled their duty. The whingeing about atheists (and it's not just militant ones, it's atheists in general too) is getting old - and when it's from those who aren't religious themselves, it smacks of "Look at me, I'm REALLY tolerant".
    When a person says something like "Well I believe communion bread is the body of Christ because I just do - and at least I know I won't be going to hell", they deserve all the sh1t they get.
    partyndbs wrote: »
    ahtiests are boring losers with no life....
    So are trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

people that say they're atheist remind me of that di-khead song. not believing in god seems to be the new hip thing to do. god there are a lot of idiots out there

Oranage2 wrote: »
    not believing in god seems to be the new hip thing to do. god there are a lot of idiots out there
    Saying not believing in god seems to be "the new hip thing to do" is exceptionally idiotic...

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Saying not believing in god seems to be "the new hip thing to do" is exceptionally idiotic...

hardly, a lot of people form an opinion on not believing in god because its the new main stream belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

hardly, a lot of people form an opinion on not believing in god because its the new main stream belief.

another way is to actually read the bible and realise hey! if this god guy actually created the universe you know, there should at least be scientifically sound principles within... alas... no such such luck, it seems old goddy boy didnt know anything more than the bronze age head the balls that wrote it.

which is a little suspicious.

There's nothing new about atheism. And only teenagers do stuff to be hip - adults make decisions based on reason. Where are you getting your figures from? Just because you think that's the way it is doesn't mean it's a reality. What's so "out there" about not believing in god anyway? Seems the logical thing to many of us...

RichieC wrote: »
    another way is to actually read the bible and realise hey! if this god guy actually created the universe you know, there should at least be scientifically sound principles within... alas... no such such luck, it seems old goddy boy didnt know anything more than the bronze age head the balls that wrote it.

which is a little suspicious.

so i take it you believe the other theory that the universe was formed by some sort of magic explosion? i think you've been reading too much harry potter kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

so i take it you believe the other theory that the universe was formed by some sort of magic explosion? i think you've been reading too much harry potter kid.

There are only two theories then?

• Advertisement

I'm not a particle physicist. Haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

False dichotomy. Logical fallacy; you lose the Internet.

There are only two theories then?

did i say there are only 2? perhaps you should be less pedantic, its more annoying then clever

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. On internet forums making ill thought out arguments apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

alot of people in here talk about not believing in god, talking shit about religion and then go and get married in a church, buried in a church and generally do all the major occasions in life in a church, its all a load of false bravado, talkin muck and trying to act thye big person on internet...

did i say there are only 2? perhaps you should be less pedantic, its more annoying then clever

TBH you'd think Christians would like the BB theory since they could easily insert their god into the gaps..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

only teenagers do stuff to be hip - adults make decisions based on reason.

if only that were true!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

partyndbs wrote: »
    ahtiests are boring losers with no life....

people who dont believe in After Hours? humourless fcukers.

flas wrote: »
    alot of people in here talk about not believing in god, talking shit about religion and then go and get married in a church, buried in a church and generally do all the major occasions in life in a church, its all a load of false bravado, talkin muck and trying to act thye big person on internet...
    It doesn't mean they're not atheists though - just means they're hypocrites. Although some people have church weddings in order to avoid family grief, and I can understand that - it's easier said than done to avoid the hassle. But false bravado? You'd swear not believing in god was a really crazy, "out there" thing to do - it's just how some people feel, nothing to get upset about...

not really, last Christening i was at was a naming ceremony, not a word about god. last wedding was in a registry office.

It's only really funerals were I have to go into a church, it's not like I've any choice.

not many people I know are christening their children anymore, since the pedophile thing it's really let people take the opportunity to leave and never go back. :)

• Advertisement

TBH you'd think Christians would like the BB theory since they could easily insert their god into the gaps..

I thought thats what all those priests got in trouble for?

It doesn't mean they're not atheists though - just means they're hypocrites. Although some people have church weddings in order to avoid family grief, and I can understand that - it's easier said than done to avoid the hassle. But false bravado? You'd swear not believing in god was a really crazy, "out there" thing to do - it's just how some people feel, nothing to get upset about...

grand what ever you say, but if they dont believe in it they are a bunch of hypocrites, pure and simple....no other way around it, if they really want get married some where else than a church, dont get buried in a christian grave yard and dont get your children christened in a church and dont send them to a school that is funded by the church, otherwise your a hypocrite...plain and simple, its simple...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

did i say there are only 2?

You seemed to imply it.
    perhaps you should be less pedantic, its more annoying then clever

So?

you can lump them in with the same people who call themselves Catholics yet dont believe in Transubstantiation or that gay sex is evil, eat meat on holy days and only go to mass for weddings, funerals and christenings.

grand what ever you say, but if they dont believe in it they are a bunch of hypocrites, pure and simple....no other way around it, if they really want get married some where else than a church, dont get buried in a christian grave yard and dont get your children christened in a church and dont send them to a school that is funded by the church, otherwise your a hypocrite...plain and simple, its simple...

Theres not a lot of options for this for most people though

You seemed to imply it.

So?
    i implied nothing and for your so you
    :rolleyes: i don't care

not really, last Christening i was at was a naming ceremony, not a word about god. last wedding was in a registry office.

It's only really funerals were I have to go into a church, it's not like I've any choice.

not many people I know are christening their children anymore, since the pedophile thing it's really let people take the opportunity to leave and never go back. :)

yes every memebr of the clergy is a pedo..in this cuntry i have yet to see someone push the roman catholic faith on me but i have had numerous people tell me how stupid it is, its so annoying its ridiculous, if you dont believe in something dont believe in it but let other people who do, do it in peace...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Loads of people do things to be seen "not to be hip", like on this thread.

I'll just throw that stupid comment out there.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

krudler wrote: »
    Theres not a lot of options for this for most people though

if you want to look it up you can, there is lots of options, just people are too lazy...people want to give out about faith then take what they can from it... if people really believe in this day and age that the country is run by the church they are just not searchin all the options...

and i have yet to say whether i am of any faith or not yet, its an choice for any adult, either embrace it or dont, its everybody's choice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yes, I probably will end up buried in a Christian graveyard, purely because the alternative would be to leave me out with the bins on the Monday. I don't care like, but the neighbours would probably whine about it, the arseholes.

Anyway, the point is, I'd far rather have nothing to do with any churches at all, but in Ireland, that's not quite a realistic option yet.

I'm just this minute after hearing a woman in the Late Late audience ask a doctor with a straight face how he adheres to the "Divine Law", fully expecting him to respond.

Advertisement