Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building material costs

Options
  • 07-03-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi there, I'm hoping to begin my self build soon and I was wondering if there is any website out there that indicates the prices of building materials. For instance I'd like to compare Trutone slates versus Natural slate. Granite sill versus normal precast. Things like that. I have come across lots of good sites advertising all sorts of things but none indicate prices. It would be a huge help for budgeting ahead of schedule

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭scwazrh

build4less.ie is the only site I know that list prices for materials .They act as a middleman for suppliers. I've no connection with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Maybe you would be better off getting a quantity surveyor to give you a bill of materials based off your plans, it should give a detailed estimation of what you need and its cost.

Building suppliers are pretty behind the times with there websites, not hard see why considering the average customer is just going to ring them for information.

Advertisement