Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky- pairing card to box

• 07-03-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

What details do I need from the sky box to pair a card to a box. Won't be at the box when calling sky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Just need the Serial Number and your viewing card number usually.
    Although, they may well ask for the current epg software version too. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I actually did this last week myself - and I mean myself.

I was taking out the multiroom subscription and as I had it in the past all I needed was a viewing card. When I was on the phone to Sky customer care to see about the multiroom the guy told me what to do in order to save me the time and cost of phoning them again.

When the card arrived in the post a coup;e of days later I just followed the instructions he give me. I assume he retained a note of the card number before it was posted out to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

am gettin new install of sky hd+ in tomorrow and two standard sky hd boxes in the bedrooms for multiroom. i have two sky+ boxes already so if i want to put them in the bedrooms insted of the hd boxes so the kids can record and that in a couple of months time do i just ring sky and ask them to pair the viewing card up to the old sky+ boxes. do they do it without a problem or do they grill you on where you got the boxes from????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

Shouldn't be any grilling involved. I took out a multiroom subscription about 3 months ago. Got the standard sky box for the 2nd room but wanted an HD box as the house is wired for HDMI over cat 6 and didn't want to be limited with SD. I brought an HD box brand new in its box off adverts for around €100. Plugged it in, inserted viewing card and then pulled up the installers menu which gave me all of the relevant bits and pieces that sky needed. Gave them a call and the very nice lady in the UK got it all up and running while I was on the phone in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sky know if the boxes are still on sub to someone else or reported stolen. They don't care otherwise and are quite happy to pair a box you obtained yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭seaniemoylan

if i ring sky to pair my sky viewing card to a new hd box will it still work in the original box,i spend the odd weekend at my mothers house and rather than bringing the box with me and fiddling with wires i wonder can i work both with one subscription.thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

if i ring sky to pair my sky viewing card to a new hd box will it still work in the original box,i spend the odd weekend at my mothers house and rather than bringing the box with me and fiddling with wires i wonder can i work both with one subscription.thanks in advance
    Im no expert but I doubt it. I think its one card = 1 box to put it simply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

The card is paired to the box via the unique serial number of the box so you can't use a single card on multiple boxes. Its to stop people from potentially defrauding them. You would need to unplug your box and take it with you. No different to people that can't be without their Corry St and cart the sky box on holidays with them.

Advertisement