Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kids setting off house alarm

Options
  • 07-03-2011 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all

I am getting hassel from my managment company on a near daily basis with my house alarm going on during the day when we are at work, it has to be kids looking for my kids cos its allways bout 2.30 - 3. ish. I've loward the sensativity rite down but still the little feckers icon8.gif set it off is anyone else having a similar problem and could lend some advice I would be very appreciative

regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

What sensor are they tripping? an outside sensor or are they banging/kicking on doors or windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Are your kids inside the house with the alarm on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

What kind of alarm do you have that they could be triggering? Maybe talk to the alarm company to see what they suggest? Could it be something inside the house (a cat?) that sets it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It could be the PIR beam. They are very sensitive to direct sunlight and at a certain time of day the sun could shine into the path of the beam and activate the alarm. What zone is activating the alarm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The guys in the home security forum here are very helpful. Rec>Home & Garden>Home Security Systems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I think one key thing is being overlooked here.

there are laws around alarms and how long an outside bell can go off for. If your alarm is breaching the legal requirment too right your getting complaints regardless of the reason its going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

D3PO wrote: »
    there are laws around alarms and how long an outside bell can go off for. If your alarm is breaching the legal requirment too right your getting complaints regardless of the reason its going off.
    I'm open to correction, but I think that only applies to new alarms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 iwondery

Thanks all
    its the same window at the front off the house my kids arnt in at the time they dont get home till bout 4ish but kids being kids look in and bang the window r kick a ball with us not been there we asume they do it for fun the little f##kers, i had the sensors checked and all is fine, we have the alarm on at nite while we are in and it dont go off ?? go figure

Thanks again peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can you have someone stay there for an afternoon?

Advertisement