Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do

Options
  • 07-03-2011 10:34pm

I'm heading down to Cork city Friday evening, my husband will be working Saturday so I'm looking for fun/cultural things to do with my daughter who is 6. I've been to Fota a couple of times so looking for something else.

So any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

In Fitzgerald's Park - a short walk from the city center there is an interesting free museum that might be good for you as well as a playground if your daughter wants a some time to run around and play.

Point C on this map link is the museum.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=fitzgerald's+park+cork&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=fitzgerald's+park&hnear=Cork,+County+Cork&ll=51.896212,-8.494084&spn=0.007203,0.021136&t=h&z=16

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

jujibee wrote: »
    In Fitzgerald's Park - a short walk from the city center there is an interesting free museum that might be good for you as well as a playground if your daughter wants a some time to run around and play.

Was going to suggest this too, the park is a lovely spot once the weather is nice. There's a nice cafe there too.

I'd also recommend checking out Blackrock Castle Observatory (google for web address), I'm sure they have a museum there, your daughter might be interested in this. Even just looking at the castle from the outside is nice :) There's also a lovely walk by the river right beside the castle, it's perfect for biking riding and rollerblading and is very popular with the locals.

I've heard people talking about the "Lifetime lab" (www.lifetimelab.ie) too, kids are supposed to be love it, it sounds like an interactive learning centre which was built in a restored waterworks building. The building is very close to Fitzgeralds park, so you could incorporate both.

Also check out Leahy's Pet Farm, never been there but heard good things about it.

If it's wet and you decide against the cultural options check out Monkey Maze in Glanmire, it's an indoor play area for kids of all ages.

I'd highly recommend checking this out for discount vouchers:

http://www.discoverireland.ie/DiscoverIreland/media/PDF/Destinations/Southwest/2011Cork-City-Pass-A6-BRCH.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Super Nova Ballincollig

Advertisement