Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You Tube problem!!

• 07-03-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

You Tube videos play with sound only, tried removing and reloading Flash Player and Google Chrome but still no video, Videos play ok on Facebook in tiny screen but when I try to "view on You Tube" same problem??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you using the latest version of flash?
    http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
    Try other browsers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Did you try right clicking on the video going into settings and clicking the enable hardware accelerator in the display tab.

Edit: by clicking i mean disable it, try it on and off for the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

puffdragon wrote: »
    You Tube videos play with sound only, tried removing and reloading Flash Player and Google Chrome but still no video, Videos play ok on Facebook in tiny screen but when I try to "view on You Tube" same problem??

I have the same problem with firefox.When I go to youtube,I can watch the first video I choose.When I try a second one,I get only the audio.I dont have a problem with IE.From looking around,I see lots of people having problems with this with Firefox 3.6.

I did get it a week or two back but updated flash and it's fine since.

I updated the Flash,but all I see is the first video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Yeah same as that ,All updated Flash and Chrome and still only the first video , subsequent videos are sound only!!

Did you try right clicking on the video going into settings and clicking the enable hardware accelerator in the display tab.

Edit: by clicking i mean disable it, try it on and off for the matter.

Tried this and when the list comes up the only option not enabled on the list is "settings" everything else is there but not settings(you know what I mean it stays shaded while the rest are dark)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 peas

same problem! so annoying!

Can you see the Flash logo animation and what vs is displayed?
    If so, then try UNchecking the hardware acceleration by right clicking on that logo and Settings and UNchecking it at Display Settings. See if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dido90

puffdragon wrote: »
    That's strange. Does it behave the same in other browsers like IE or FF?
    Are you behind a proxy or firewall that may filter YouTube?
    I would try updating Flash and visiting Adobe's Flash website for "official" reference test for Flash.

• Advertisement

You can always download the most recent version of flash, 10.3 beta.

In chrome, type the following in the url
    about:plugins

Click on details and disable the older flash version and enable the newer installed version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Try This........

To fix this (without disabling hardware acceleration), roll back toversion 10.1.102.64 of Adobe's Flash player, using the following steps:

Uninstall the current flash player:
    1. Go here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
    2. Look for the uninstall_flash_player link and download it
    3. Close all browser windows
    4. Run the uninstaller

Install the previous version of the flash player:
    1. Go here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html
    2. Download version 10.1.102.64
    3. Close all browser windows
    4. Unzip the files
    5. In the extracted folder, open the folder "Flash Player 10.1.102.64"
    6. Open the folder "10_1r102_64"
    7. For windows users, the file flashplayer10_1r102_64_win.exe is theone you want. Double-click to execute it and launch the installer

After installing version 10.1.102.64, videos should once again be working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

for those of you whose 'settings' are greyed out visit this link

http://www.youtube.com/swf_test.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

High i have same problem as OP,,What does going to that link do,suppos to do,,,thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Same problem here.....it started on Monday.....sound but a blank white screen where the video should be. Sometimes the first video plays ok but subsequent ones have this fault. Tried re-installing Firefox,Adobe Flash, and java , also downloaded codec packs.....all to no avail. It has to be with the new versions of Firefox or Flash and bugs therein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

biko`s solution worked here......i.e.unticking hardware acceleration.Thanks dude!

biko wrote: »
    Can you see the Flash logo animation and what vs is displayed?
    If so, then try UNchecking the hardware acceleration by right clicking on that logo and Settings and UNchecking it at Display Settings. See if that helps.

Yep this worked. thanks Biko !! And hey everyone else cheers with all the tips, its good to talk!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

elaverty wrote: »
    High i have same problem as OP,,What does going to that link do,suppos to do,,,thanks

if your settings are greyed out when you right click on a video.. you can use that test video to get around it and disable hardware acceleration.

Biko's fix sorted my problem too...Thanks Biko!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement