Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire near Drumoe Village

Options
  • 07-03-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Did anyone know the story with the fire that started near Drumoe bridge this evening.

I saw it from my room in Thomand.

Got a photo

5507494768_41a24b196f.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Is that one of the small fishing huts down by the river?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

yeah it looks exactly like the fishing hut. I hope it wasn't vandalised and was just a case of them leaving a stove on

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Yeah, my gut instinct tells me it wasn't vandalised (at least I'm hoping not), and I've often seen lots of smoke puffing out of those chimneys in the past, so perhaps it just caught fire of its own accord. Can you see what emergency vehicles are there? Is the fire out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Presume this is the reason for the fire enging and ambulance on Thomond bridge at the moment? Thought it was something else, glad it's only a fire if no one was injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Fire is put out alright. Didn't take long.

When I saw the lights on the bridge, my first reaction was either someone jumped from the bridge or a body was found.

Was glad it was only a fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

I'm literally living right in front of this in Dromroe and I can confirm it was one of the fishing huts.. Don't know what happened though.

Advertisement