Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Click potato - How to uninstall?

• 07-03-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi, I was searching for a site where you can watch movies for free. I checked out a few but soon realised that they were not actually 'free'' at all.

I've now discovered an icon on my taskbar that links to a site called ClickPotato (supposedly FREE movies site).

My problem now is that I cannot uninstall ClickPotato - I'm running Vista and have tried the usual uninstall via the Control Panel - I'm getting a message that tells me that I 'do not have the right permissions to carry out this task ....contact an administrator etc....' - I am the administrator of my Pc and the settings confirm this - Is ClickPotato able to block my uninstall?

I have McAfee with all the bells and whistles but I'm guessing I must have allowed ClickPotato through somehow.

I haven't seen any adverse effects yet from having this ClickPotato thing but its just peeing me off that I can't get rid of it!:mad:

And ideas much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Install malwarebytes

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Thanks MarkR

That did the business and found some other stuff I was unaware of too!

Thanks for your help - Much appreciated!:)

Advertisement