Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Accommodation Question - Dublin

Options
  • 07-03-2011 10:51pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, so my flatmate is moving out and into a new place with his girlfriend in about 6 weeks, so i've started looking for a new place to live. Just looking for some info from anyone in a similar situation.

1. How much power would i really have with negotiating the listed rental price. I'm 27, male, single, have a permanent position in work, and can supply references from work and previous landlords. There just seem to be a load of bloody expensive apartments in and around Dublin.

2. I'm thinking of going for a 1-bed in Dublin city (or along the luas line somewhere), as i don't fancy moving in with randomers at this stage in my life (i sound ancient :p). How much would your average 1-bed pay in bills per month. Just trying to figure out my budget at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

1.- Most LL's have at least 10% downward built into listed price for negotiating. You may be able to get a little more taken off the prize if you looks and act solid (have references ready, come dressed as if for job interview- look boring and reliable :) , are interested in a place that has been empty for a bit, or are willing to sign a 2 year lease. 15% is achievable in many cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sjash

I am currently looking for a flatmate from July ....
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=628359

Advertisement