Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant vegetable seeds

Options
  • 07-03-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Guys

Can anybody point me in the right direction to were l could buy some giant vegetable seeds. Have found a few places in England but have not found any here in lreland.

Many thanks

Zoee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Now is this the bean stalk or the giant you are trying to grow :D

What type of giant veg?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zoee

Hi Antiquo

Was hoping to grow giant cabbage, carrots and cauliflower etc.....

Zoee

Hi yeh not really a market for the show veg seeds over here. I,ve never come across any suppliers other than UK. It will only take a couple of days from order.

I presume you are growing to show?

Reason I ask is the show/giant veg seed has been developed for its size but in doing so has lost a lot of the flavour and texture of normal crop veg.
    I've grown giant onions before (UK seed someone gave me) look great and everyone is gobsmacked at seeing a football sized onion but just balls of water with minimal flavour.

Good luck though and don't forget to stick a picture up of your beach ball cabbage and your trophy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zoee

Hi Antiquo

Am growing them for a local school were l have been building an allotment for the kids so just wanted to show how big vegetables can grow.

Will order up from the uk and get growing:)

Thanks

Zoe

zoee wrote: »
    Hi Antiquo

Am growing them for a local school were l have been building an allotment for the kids so just wanted to show how big vegetables can grow.

Will order up from the uk and get growing:)

Thanks

Zoe

Brilliant they'll get a kick out of that.

You have to put some peas in I still remember helping my grandad collect veg from the garden and how good it was eating fresh peas straight off the plant. I was about four (quite a while ago but still a very clear memory) and always ate more than I collected for some reason.. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement