Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pancake Tuesday

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Pancakes are horrible! They taste like sugary rubbery bread! Seriously don't know how anyone could like them! Then again I have only had pancakes once, it was a few years ago made from a cheap pancake mix and the person who made them didnt have eggs but it turned me off them for life!

Well then, your opinion doesn't count :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Are all the pancake enthusiasts planning on doing the whole Ash Wed/Lent thing ?

Otherwise whats the point surely one can have pancakes anytime they like if theyre that way inclined ?

In fact since all of us on AH are obsessive dogmatic Atheists who delight in thinking up new ways to p1$$ off the Catholics why dont we save the pancakes for TOMORROW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Are all the pancake enthusiasts planning on doing the whole Ash Wed/Lent thing ?

Otherwise whats the point surely one can have pancakes anytime they like if theyre that way inclined ?

In fact since all of us on AH are obsessive dogmatic Atheists who delight in thinking up new ways to p1$$ off the Catholics why dont we save the pancakes for TOMORROW :D

Yes, lets ban pancakes for non-Christians. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

Mike 1972 wrote: »

Nah if we save the pancakes for tomorrow we wouldn't have pancake tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

TPD wrote: »
    I'm planning on frying some bacon, cutting it up small and adding it to the pancake batter, then making bacon-infused pancakes (thin crepe-like ones) in the leftover bacon fat. Served with maple syrup. Does anyone know if this is advisable? Never done it before.

Yeah sounds good, you could leave the bacon bits in the pan and just pour the batter on top but either way grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Why can't it be Hot Chicken Roll Tuesday... pancakes, uuuyk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

anyway round 3:

batter to be made for hubby2be when he gets in from work!

The thing is he hated them until i made him some, now he eats more of them then me, he's just lucky he can work off the fat every week other wise he'd be the size of a pancake!

you are what you eat :pac:

mmmmm pancakes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

big big queue in superquinn in lucan where they were being made fresh, had mine with nutella, yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

AntiRip wrote: »
    The real question is who's having a big fry up tomorrow morning ? I am! Stupid catholic faith :D

I will continue as normal. I don't see why anyone would bother eating extra meat just to piss off the catholics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

jaysus i love pancakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

That Lemon Crepe place is selling them at the top of Grafton St right now.

Dang tasty.

On a side note, just seen Enda Kenny walk up Grafton St and not one person said hello to the poor fella. I nearly said: 'Howya Pat' to him, as my brain got conflustered and the only Kenny I could think of, was Pat.

Noticed he was wearing brand new shoes too. Does he really need 'brand new' shoes with the country in the state it's in?

Anyway, think I'll go back up and get some more panackes now, chocolate flavoured this time .. mmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Chews-day.

I chew pancakes.

It's a conspiracy.

Really now? I always put them in the liquidiser and drink pancakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

watna wrote: »
    I brought a big stack of pancakes in to work today and had a team pancake thing. Kiwis don't celebrate pancake day so people were a bit bemused at my love of all things pancake - although they did wolf down the pancakes I made. Stupid contrary antipodeans!

I hear ya, I was on the South Island this time last year - 2 Dutch guys were cooking up some the day before and I asked them was it because it's almost pancake Tuesday, but they didn't have a clue what I was on about. The Dutch just like pancakes! Got to see the Pancake Rocks (randomly!) on Pancake Tuesday 2010 but no actual pancakes:(
    I shall be making up for it this year, however!

And how can you say you don't like pancakes when the only thing you've tried is the ready-made stuff - that's like saying you don't like noodles when all you've had is pot noodle! They were selling ready-made pancakes (not the mix!) in packets in Dunnes on Sunday - ew!

Advertisement