Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband Billl query

• 07-03-2011 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi.

I just got my first bill for UPC broadband 20meg, that i ordered and self installed nearly 2 weeks ago. The broadband is €34.45 per month as stated on the Website, no problem there. There is a standalone charge of €7.85 as stated on the website if you don't order a TV package as well, no problem there either.

I checked the Terms & Conditions before i ordered to make sure there were no hidden charges and as there aren't i was expecting a bill of €42.30 but i got a bill for €51.18.

It appears that they added 21% vat onto my bill. My question is, why is there no mention of VAT at 21% included in the price they quote on the Website. There is no mention of VAT to be included anywhere on the UPC website and i believed it was already included in the price quoted on the website.

Can this be considered false advertising. My contract is for broadband 20 meg at €42.30, that is what i was lead to believe i would be paying and i am livid that UPC did not mention that VAT was not included in this price. What are my options? I believe that they have given me false information regarding the cost of my broadband and was hoping somebody might be able to tell me what i can do about it.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Prices on the website include VAT. Last line on the conditions tab for any pack/product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Stu

On my bill it says ...... Total ex Vat - €42.30, Total bill inc vat €51.18

So, have they ripped me off by adding Vat that is meant to be included in the price quoted on the website. I'm astounded that they would pull a stunt like this :eek:. Fooking chancers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

My question is, why is there no mention of VAT at 21% included in the price they quote on the Website.

I was replying to your above comment.

Ring them tomorrow and ask for someone to go through your bill with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Stu

Will do, thanks for that

Advertisement