Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bearcat hand held need info

Options
  • 07-03-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I have a ten year old Bearcat and the battery pack is failing. I want to make up a new set and need to use the old connector to solder onto new set.Will I lose my presets if I leave the Bearcat plugged into the mains on its charger with no battery pack in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Usually there is an onboard battery which applies power 24/7 to an eprom which stores the presets so I think you're safe.

Is the battery pack made up of 3-4 AA cells heat shrinked together?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

Hi humax F1, It is a Twin Turbo200 model with 4 AA Ni Cad shrink wrap battery pack with a mini pin connector lead. I want to put a set of Hybrio long life into it.I have dozens of Air Freq stored plus some Walki Talki presets which I dont want to loose I was thinking if I left the mains adaptor connect it would maintain power to the capacitor or circuit battery for a hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭brownmini

haymur wrote: »
    Hi humax F1, It is a Twin Turbo200 model with 4 AA Ni Cad shrink wrap battery pack with a mini pin connector lead. I want to put a set of Hybrio long life into it.I have dozens of Air Freq stored plus some Walki Talki presets which I dont want to loose I was thinking if I left the mains adaptor connect it would maintain power to the capacitor or circuit battery for a hour or so.

I searched for Bearcat TWIN TURBO and I got this pdf file.

Suggest you have a squint at the bottom of page 5.
    http://www.uniden.com/pdf/SC150Yom.pdf

It may not be the exact same but I doubt theres much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

yes it looks a similar model with most of the same features I will give it a go over the weekend. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭brownmini

haymur wrote: »
    yes it looks a similar model with most of the same features I will give it a go over the weekend. Thanks

Well ?

Please let others know if you had success or failure
    as you may not be the only one with such a problem
    now or in the future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement