Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancakes

Options
  • 08-03-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Well tomorrow is pancake day!

What do you put on yours?/Any weird suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Never had salt and pepper on a pancake!
    Gona go with maple syrup and the good old lemon and sugar. Duno what fruit though.. probably what ever is on hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Did some pancake tips on my blog here

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭smallbrowncat

A big blob of Nutella.... yum! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

duploelabs wrote: »

You've already linked to your blog in your sig. Why not contribute to the conversation with us here instead of looking for blog traffic.

Sadly I've got to work til 10pm so no pancakes for me. The novice-cook husband is going to attempt some spinach, cheese and ham crepes for mains and the usual sweetie ones for afters. He's got the lads round for the match so I doubt they'll be kind enough to leave me any leftovers...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭threeleggedhors

Ice cream and pancakes ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am boring but sugar, lemon and butter is the only way to go.

The boy had maple syrup on his this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Fry up some bramley apples in butter with a sprinkling of brown sugar. Plonk on pancake with a generous dollop of whipped cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tishiewishie

Pancakes with lemon squeezed all over them are lovely, also love them with chocolate spread and cutted up banana, yummmm!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

+1 for Ice-cream and pancakes :D

Normally, I'd spread Nutella over the pancake, add a portion of ice-cream and the roll the pancake up.

Awesome.

And unbelievably filling. I usually manage 2-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Mmmmm. I've the batter made since Monday morning, looking forward to this evening!

We're having savory ones for dinner - one lot with spinach, mozzarella, tomato & basil, another lot with ham & cheese and maybe some with crispy bacon & maple syrup. Nom. We usually split them between us so we get to try lots of different ones.

Then for tea we'll be having the usual stack with lemon & sugar and maybe a few with nutella & banana or peaches/strawberries & ice-cream. Will not be weighing myself this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bridin

I need the ingredients to make the pancake before I decide on toppings!!!

Googled a million ways but all different quantities....can anyone suggest the correct amount of flour milk eggs etc to make about 12-15 pancakes?? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Mine will be Banoffee pancakes:)
    Yum yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Bridin wrote: »
    Googled a million ways but all different quantities....can anyone suggest the correct amount of flour milk eggs etc to make about 12-15 pancakes?? Thanks!

I did the same, got confused and then just guessed! The batter's looking a little strange and may produce dodgy pancakes.

Though dodgy pancakes are probably the way to go with the dodgy maple-flavoured golden syrup I just bought :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

duploelabs wrote: »

Please don't use the forum to promote your blog, it can get very tiresome for other contributors.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

For lunch it was one with homemade pesto and chorizo.

For dinner i think i'll go for an egg/spinach/cheese mixture, don't really fancy any sweet ones but possibly after dinner if i'm up to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I'm having the usual fresh lemon and sugar, maple and bacon,
    But I'm gonna go for these today, a bit different. Sick of seeing strawberries and blueberries in pancakes so I thought I'd use different fruit!
    Pineapple, cream and white chocolate
    Black Cherries, cream and dark chocolate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Serious pancake overdose, ended up making it an impromptu group pancake day with some friends :)

I made/had pancakes with:

Warm apple & cinnamon with icecream
    Pears, Nutella and cream
    Banana, Nutella and cream with some Baileys in it
    Good old lemon and sugar

Yum! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Missing my pancakes back home.
    Would have had good ol' butter, lemon & sugar. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

lemon and sugar and nutella with chopped hazelnuts

Also made rasp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Pancakes with bacon and red onion marmalade. :)
    And the old traditional, lemon and sugar. (ofc)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Had no pancakes due to crap pancake pans burning ,and then it was Champions League crucial football which is essentially more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

We had them crepe style with raspberry ripple ice cream with raspberry sauce dusted with icing sugar. Yum Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Nutella and strawberries, with vanilla ice cream on the side - mmm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Home-made toffee sauce! Lots left over so more pancakes at the weekend I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Anyway!
    So many pancakes left over this morning, I was eating my porridge and decided to put some in a crepe as I ran out the door.. I'd not recommend porridge pancakes! :pac:

Chocolate fountain chocolate with marshmallow's though, those bad boys were a nice surprise!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I had some crepes with sugar and lemon, classic. Then I made the fluffier American style ones with chocolate chips in them. They were delicious, but cooked VERY quickly, so some got a bit burned! They were lovely though, fluffy inside with melting chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,417 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Frozen blueberries, red currants, raspberries and blackberries, and a nice pour of thicken cream, roll up an nyom nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I'm not a big fan of ice cream, BUT I'd usually have pancakes with ice cream, works really well.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

So its pancake day tomorrow, anybody have any interesting filling ideas? I'm going to go savoury this time and I'm doing a cauliflower cheese filling, maybe with some mushrooms in it too and then I'm gonna to put them in a dish like enchiladas with more cheese sauce over the top, then top with sliced tomatoes and bake in the oven.

Anyone else?

Forgot to say - homemade pancakes of course! None of this ready-mix/ready bought rubbish :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

tHB

Advertisement