Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 month work rule

Options
  • 08-03-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm currently working for a company through an agency, i'll be 6 months here in May ( what started out as 4week contract).

My question is if the company were to take me on themselves could i keep working for another few months as I'll be getting paid by a different company than previous.

Thanks
    Em

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

no its pretty clear on the immigration website. Sorry on mobile can not link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/obligations.htm
    If you are referred by an agency or labour supplier to a business, you can work for six months for that business. The same agency or labour supplier can refer you to another business where you can work for another six months. For the purpose of the six month limitation, the 'employer' is considered to be the business for which you are working directly, even if you are being paid by an agency or labour supplier.
    You cannot stay in the same job beyond six months by using different employment agencies, business affiliates or sub-contracting arrangements.

answer is no ... sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭emfitz

Thanks for your help guys.... :)

Just wanted to be 100% sure.

Em

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Get sponsored

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭emfitz

tba...
    The company arent really 100% willing, i havent broached the subject properly, theres probably a possibility.
    I'm more than likely moving to WA end of May, where my boyf will have sponsership. Theres definite work for me here uintil end of May but 6mths is up on the 10th May!! Just move to WA ealrlier mayb.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Ah well then if the BF is getting sponsored then fair enough. Make sure you get in on that sponsor as its free for you in this instance.

Advertisement