Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Blackmarket

• 08-03-2011 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Was watching "Blackmarket Ireland" on tv3 tonight. Nothing that you dont really know about - cigs, bootleg evds, games etc.

But was it just me or were they blowing it out? As i say nothing your average person doesnt already know about ... Piracy and bootlegged goods have been going on forever. It seemed like they were trying to 'shock' you to what goes on.

what you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

recording songs off the radio is killing the music industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Black Market? Where? Haven't been able to buy me a decent negger since I worked the last one to death! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

There are far better places to obtain pirated material. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Any people trafficking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

TV3's midweek programme is just a poorly written rip-off of primetime investigates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Sh*t music is damaging the music industry, not piracy

The same goes for the movie industry, they keep bringing out retarded romantic comedies and they wonder why they're loosing money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You actually watch TV3 before 11pm :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

N...[?]...G...G...E...R...S

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

I actually think that program is going to increase the blackmarket. Money is already tight for alot of people. Such a program is only going to wise people up to getting things cheaper.

especially the nintendo ds r4 card. I reckon alot of parents were watching that going "geez where do i get one of those?" ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Won't somebody think of the exchequer :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Knowing TV3 they probably left out the largest black market place in the country, Piratebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

The amount of black market goods out there at present is astounding tbh. Have a relation who works for customs at Rosslare and she says the ratio of cars bringing smokes back from eastern Europe is one in six. More money in it than drugs and laughable fines if caught is what she told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Ditch wrote: »
    Black Market? Where? Haven't been able to buy me a decent negger since I worked the last one to death! :mad:

Wut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Turned it off after some genuinely hysterical journalism. People can buy cigarettes from other EU countries that won't cost you a fortune! Shocker.

As for the ''black-market'' thing, I read about many Chinese manufacturers making fake products along side their legitimate branded goods and importers being unable to distinguish the two. Many factory bosses in China manufacture counterfeit and genuine goods in parallel with each other at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Shite tabloid journalism.

The black market is killing this country though and thousands of legitimate businesses . Every time you pay a tradesman cash or a guy doing a nixer, baby Jesus cries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

TV3 did a decent TV series on how the Criminal Assets Bureau was set up.
    That was done a few years back

Every other documentary is sheer hysteria and often lots of ****ty footage from mobile phones.
    They seem unable to make good documentaries, going for the shock tactic and usually failing.

TV3 management and production teams would want to be sacked, all of them

TG4 are a class apart, doing a series at the moment on crime and mobs in Canada, it's brilliant
    So is Marú, they show murder cases in Ireland and the presenter is class, a realy cold chilling guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Schmokes lads , schmoooookes :rolleyes:

Funniest thing I've seen in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

TV3 should stick to what they do best..

.. Simulcasting whatever ITV are showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

TV3 are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Ditch wrote: »

Racism stirred to perfection. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cson wrote: »
    N...[?]...G...G...E...R...S

:eek:
    A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I thought it was crap actually, pure hysteria. The way they brought back the cigs and said oh we've found rat poison in them once. Then brought back the ds cartridge and said, oh no Nintendo logo here on the box. Can somebody think of the exchequer please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

whatsamsn wrote: »
    I actually think that program is going to increase the blackmarket. Money is already tight for alot of people. Such a program is only going to wise people up to getting things cheaper.

especially the nintendo ds r4 card. I reckon alot of parents were watching that going "geez where do i get one of those?" ...

I found out about that from the guy in GAME. He told me all about it when I was buying my DS, turned around and put the games in my hand back on the shelf....

Advertisement