Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband losing connection.

• 08-03-2011 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I've been with Eircom broadband for over a year now and since day one my connection has been timing out when on the internet.

It happens very regularly, usually every 20 minutes and it goes for about 3 minutes and then miraculously it comes back.

The strange thing is, if something is downloading (a torrent for eg.) it doesn't affect or slow it down when it's timed out.

Whilst this got on my nerves I could live with it but now I'm signed up to XBOX Live I really can't live with it.

This is what comes up when it can't open a webpage.

The connection was interrupted

The connection to mail.google.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.
    * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
    * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I'm living in CoClare (Sixmilebridege) and I have 7mb broadband.

I'm also a far stretch from being a whizz on a computer so if anyone has any helpful advice or is familiar with my problem please reply.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi
    I've been with Eircom broadband for over a year now and since day one my connection has been timing out when on the internet.

It happens very regularly, usually every 20 minutes and it goes for about 3 minutes and then miraculously it comes back.

The strange thing is, if something is downloading (a torrent for eg.) it doesn't affect or slow it down when it's timed out.

Whilst this got on my nerves I could live with it but now I'm signed up to XBOX Live I really can't live with it.

This is what comes up when it can't open a webpage.

The connection was interrupted

The connection to mail.google.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.
    * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
    * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I'm living in CoClare (Sixmilebridege) and I have 7mb broadband.

I'm also a far stretch from being a whizz on a computer so if anyone has any helpful advice or is familiar with my problem please reply.

Thanks.

What are your line stats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

dub45 wrote: »
    What are your line stats?

Pardon my ignorance but how do I find these?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

click http://192.168.1.254/

click expert mode > statistics > dsl

copy and paste the lot in a post here. Them is line stats for ya.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    click http://192.168.1.254/

click expert mode > statistics > dsl

copy and paste the lot in a post here. Them is line stats for ya.

Hi when I click that link I'm asked for a password. I don't know the password. Anyway of retrieving this?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

When I used this the password was broadband1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

Hi when I click that link I'm asked for a password. I don't know the password. Anyway of retrieving this?

password for eircom modems , is usualy "broadband1"

Ok.

I set the idle timeout to 10.

It hasn't cut out since (half hour)

Fingers crossed! :p

Ya, it's still happening, though less frequent, maybe once an hour I get disconnected from xboxlive. Any other suggestions?

Advertisement