Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confused

• 08-03-2011 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

I am hoping someone here will explain why i received at letter today from Social Welfare that my social welfare benefits are coming to an end and a form for job seekers allowance was included with this letter....
    The reason i am confused is as followed.....
    Jan 9th 2010 signed on for a week on week off until July 7th 2010..(Worked Thursday to Wed one week off the next) .Returned to full time employment until Jan 3rd this yr where i was made redundant from my Job signed on and received my jobseekers benefit....I thought i would be entitled to Job seekers benefit for a yr from this date and now they tell me i should fill in a reclaim form...would this be for Benefit or for Allowance....Sorry if this message is all over the place...like my head at the moment coming to terms with unemployment...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Your problem is complicated and you really should go to your local welfare office. You say you worked Thursday to Wednesday. That entails you working a part of 2 different weeks. You need to carefully check with Welfare how your insurance records is computed.That may influence your claim. Before you go to Welfare, make sure you have your P60 from last year. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Checked my P60 and it shows i have 27 A Class and 25AO Class...so fingers crossed....total of 52 weeks payments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Due to the length of time between your claims, they linked to each other, so you didn't start afresh when you claimed again in January this year.
    You don't necessarily get a year on Jobseeker's Benefit, depending on your contributions when you first claimed Benefit, it may only be 9 months - you will have to check with your office regarding this.
    Also they do send out these letters around 2 months prior to your Benefit coming to an end. You may requalify for Benefit depending on PRSI paid since making your first claim - your office should be able to explain this to you also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

Your problem with requalifying is that you must meet ALL of the conditions for JB to requalify (as well as the 13 contributions since exhausting 156 days of Benefit). This includes the condition that you have suffered a substantial loss of employment. This means losing at least one day's employment.

If your circumstances have not changed, other than your benefit running out, then you will not have suffered a substanital loss of employment.

You should apply for JB, but it may be that they refuse you on this basis. You should apply for Supplementary Welfare Allowance while your application is considered, which if you are eligible for a means tested payment, will ensure that you do not lose out on a payment if your JB is ultimately refused. If refused, you can then apply for Allowance.

Advertisement