Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Smoking Day - 9th March

Options
  • 08-03-2011 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

I know there are people browsing this forum considering quitting but not posting for fear of commitment.

I'm one thing to say to anyone like that - you don't need to post here at all. Quitting is a personal thing - you quit for yourself because you want to.

To anyone who's thinking of quitting tomorrow - best of luck. It's a tough thing to do but ultimately rewarding.

Have a read of my quitlog. This is not me getting bigheaded. This was me detailing how I felt as I quit - and I did it for myself. The unexpected result was that others found it helpful too. There's some good experiences and advice on the thread from different people.

Just consider one thing - you don't stop smoking ... you start not-smoking. Everyone can do it. All you need is the desire to not smoke.

Good luck y'all. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I just want to wish luck to anyone who is planning on changing their smoking behaviour starting tomorrow. It is an excellent decision, so good luck on fighting the good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭susanweir

I'll second that Hotspur,

I used to feel guilty every Ash wed that I wasn't even stopping for the day. Never thought I was capable! But I'm over 8 weeks off them now, and can't understand why I didn't do it before. You have nothing to lose if you fail, apart from the fact that you will have to try again in future. Good luck to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Cazzie_5

Good luck to everyone who will be giving up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Cazzie_5

Macros42 wrote: »
    I know there are people browsing this forum considering quitting but not posting for fear of commitment.

I'm one thing to say to anyone like that - you don't need to post here at all. Quitting is a personal thing - you quit for yourself because you want to.

To anyone who's thinking of quitting tomorrow - best of luck. It's a tough thing to do but ultimately rewarding.

Have a read of my quitlog. This is not me getting bigheaded. This was me detailing how I felt as I quit - and I did it for myself. The unexpected result was that others found it helpful too. There's some good experiences and advice on the thread from different people.

Just consider one thing - you don't stop smoking ... you start not-smoking. Everyone can do it. All you need is the desire to not smoke.

Good luck y'all. :)

Thanks for sharing that, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and well done to everyone who gave up .

Advertisement