Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UTV or ITV on Free to air

• 08-03-2011 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

today I got an FTA box, I hooked it up, pressed auto search and got 56 channels, I was trying to figure out how to get ITV or UTV also Channel 4 on it by manual search on one channel, the box I got is a Ferguson Ariva T50, everything is working fine apart from that, I know that it isnt signal problems because I got ITV2 and 3, I also got BBC 1 and 2 NI, so from what I see it should be possible to pick up ITV1 or UTV, does anyone know how I can do it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

You'd have better luck asking in the Satellite forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from Television to Satellite forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Rick_

You can move this thread back where it came from, the Ferguson Ariva T50 is a terrestrial set top box, not a satellite box.

Only finding 56 channels on a scan clearly indicates DTT as there is a very small possibility a satellite search would only ever bring up 56 channels, unless the dish was very badly aligned.

Where in the country are you? It's possible the MUX that carries UTV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 is low powered where you are (as it is in most pre-switchover areas) and this would explain why your box is not picking it up. If we got more details about your location and aerial set up we might be able to help you further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

OP is in Cavan.

UTV and C4 are on one of the weaker muxes, though you say you're getting ITV 2 and 3 (double-check, are they +1's).

Aerial may need small tweaking to get all muxes in. I reckon you're getting them from Brougher. This link may be of some help: http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=IH350527

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Rick_

There is no ITV 3+1 on Freeview and ITV 2+1 only works after 7pm. ITV 3 and 4 are on a different MUX to UTV and ITV 2 so they will be much easier to receive. Is it definitely ITV 2 and ITV 3 you are getting? If you have ITV 2 then you should already have UTV, Channel 4 and Channel 5.

• Advertisement
Advertisement