Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skytext problem

• 08-03-2011 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

During the last few days, when i try to access Sky teletext service, my sky box turns itself off and does not come back on for at least 5 mins or so.
    Anyone else have this problem or know what i can do about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

i also have this problem ,thought it was just my box. must be a problem on skys behalf. hopefully it sorts itself out soon , its already starting to get really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

I rang them up about the problem. The agent said they were aware of it. He did a few tests and hot me to reset the box and so on. I tried it out while he was on the phone and it worked fine.
    A few hours later i went onto skytext again and the problem had returned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I don't know whether my problem is similiar. When I go to the sky channel 501 and press the red button. I like to read through the news headlines and the entertainment. But anytime I've tried to do this over the last couple of days, it has frozen on me. The only way I can get out of this is to unplug the sky itself. The remote control won't work.
    It doesn't seem to affect anything else, just going into the 501 channel. Could this be a similar problem. I've only noticed it over the last couple of days as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

Graceland wrote: »
    I don't know whether my problem is similiar. When I go to the sky channel 501 and press the red button. I like to read through the news headlines and the entertainment. But anytime I've tried to do this over the last couple of days, it has frozen on me. The only way I can get out of this is to unplug the sky itself. The remote control won't work.
    It doesn't seem to affect anything else, just going into the 501 channel. Could this be a similar problem. I've only noticed it over the last couple of days as well.

Yeah it seems to be same type off problem. Only difference is that when my remote wont work, my sky box reboots itself after about 5 mins or so.
    Very frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 rooney111

i also have this problem when i use the text in sky sports.screen freezes then turns itself off.happens when i do same thing on my girlfriends skybox too.takes a while to come back on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Try a software update,hold backup button on the box,plug box out and in again while still holding backup.If you do it right a message should appear on screen telling you system software is updating.Takes about 10-15 mins to complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I went into the text twice tonight and it seems to be working fine now - fingers crossed.

Advertisement