Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Camera

Options
  • 08-03-2011 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Due to a recent spate of burglaries in the estate I am looking to get a CCTV that can stream a live feed via wireless to my PC. Something that would tick all/most of the points below would be great.
    • Work outdoors
    • Work day/night
    • Range < 20 meters
    • Transmit over wireless i.e. 802.11 (A/B/G/N)
    • Output live stream to a PC
    • Record to hard-drive

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 homelogic.ie

Camera you are looking for will cost €450+. For that money you can get 2 Mpx, varifocal, dome cam with IR. You can record on SD card inside camera, or through software on PC. Remote viewing via web or mobile phone. Wired connection via RJ45 or wireless through access point, but power is required anyway. For that application I would suggest one of HIK Vision range cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

what would you recommend? Any links for these CCTV or places I can buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 feelys

This 2.4GHz wireless security monitoring system http://www.espow.com/wholesale-security-surveillance-surveillance-cameras-wireless-camera-sets.html includes 4 wireless security weatherproof cameras and a receiver, so it is more convenient to monitor 4 rooms at the same time. Combining FOUR wireless cameras with night-vision and waterproof capabilities, you'll feel protected and secure without the hassle of researching and finding products yourself, or worrying about product compatibility. You could put indoor and outdoor.
    :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

HIK Vision are a good brand but typically are only available through trade distributors.
    RF Concepts in the north is a good place to start for a diy solution

Advertisement