Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IndyCar 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Nearly a pity it was so close at the front, the midfield looked fun. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Now thats what you call teamwork:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Damn rookies ruining another good all-green race...

Was a bit underwhelming at the end, I must say :/

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Damn rookies ruining another good all-green race...

Was a bit underwhelming at the end, I must say :/

Aye, like I said it was hectic in the midfield but that damn fanchitti had to spoil it. :pac:

On another note it's tough being a motorsport fan on nights like these, coupla quarter pounders just to stay awake. :pac:

Have to say Bob looks pretty much exactly how I thought he would. :pac:

EDIT: Love how the eye-candy didn't do any alluring stuff for Simona. :pac:

• Advertisement

Kanaan on the pole, Power 3rd, Dixon 18th and Dario 28th. This should be fúcking fun :D

I was going to hit the hay but sod it:D

Amacachi you better make it into town tommorow :p

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I was going to hit the hay but sod it:D

Amacachi you better make it into town tommorow :p

Not going to be heading tomorrow I don't think, finances ain't what I was hoping at all. :(

Shame you cant make it as it should be a great evening:(

This is a damn interesting starting lineup :D

1 Tony Kanaan
    2 Wade Cunningham
    3 Will Power
    4 Graham Rahal
    5 Ryan Hunter-Reay
    6 Helio Castroneves
    7 Vitor Meira
    8 Charlie Kimball
    9 James Hinchcliffe
    10 Ed Carpenter
    11 Sebastian Saavedra
    12 Ryan Briscoe
    13 Jay Howard
    14 Paul Tracy
    15 Ana Beatriz
    16 Alex Tagliani
    17 Oriol Servia
    18 Scott Dixon
    19 Alex Lloyd
    20 Danica Patrick
    21 JR Hildebrand
    22 Simona de Silvestro
    23 James Jakes
    24 Davey Hamilton
    25 Takuma Sato
    26 Mike Conway
    27 Marco Andretti
    28 Dario Franchitti
    29 EJ Viso
    30 Justin Wilson

• Advertisement

The backstretch will be bloody unnerving for a at least a while. :P

Possibilites of a massive smash are quite high with all the differing speeds

More or less than 5 cautions? :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    More or less than 5 cautions? :pac:

I will go for 3 yellows this race

Best radio transmission ever. :D

Long caution would make it interesting on fuel.

Early stop should secure it for Power, surprised Franchitti didn't take a punt and go in early.

Not a bad race at all

Very surprised there were no cautions

Time for bed night all

Dario on pole tonight, Power surprisingly far back. Also I have to admit that I'm surprised it's only a 225 lap race, gonna be over in a flash!

Right so, how many laps will Dario win by? :pac:

• Advertisement

Sato on pole for Iowa today/tomorrow. OK, Saturday :pac:

Exciting start if a little predictable. :pac: Loving the massive contrails coming off the cars, don't think I've seen suck dramatic ones even off F1 cars.

I'd say if someone points out to Power that his crash stopped Servia's chance of winning by being off-sequence he'll be even more annoyed. :pac:

KV's still going well, one wonders how much longer til they screw up. :pac:

Have to say this year has had some great racing so far and tonight was no exception. Disappointing for Power but I'm sure he'll be glad Franchitti just picked up 30 rather than the 50 points he looked on for for most of the race.

Am incredibly fúcking glad Franchitti didn't win, over the past few weeks he's been a serious whiny ****. He needs a nice huge crash to bring him back down to earth.

Still waiting for that first KV win (not counting the Champ Car finale) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Am incredibly fúcking glad Franchitti didn't win, over the past few weeks he's been a serious whiny ****. He needs a nice huge crash to bring him back down to earth.

Still waiting for that first KV win (not counting the Champ Car finale) :(

to be fair Helio is driving like an idiot, he was clearly blocking franchitti.
    Hes not been the same since the lawsuit.

Feckin Paddy Power with no odds offered for Servia tonight. Fancy him Bourdais as outside bets for the win.

Happy now TheChrisD?! :pac:

Backed Servia earlier and looks like his dodgy last pitstop is what's gonna cost him a good chance at the win. :(

Missed the start, so haven't seen the Kanaan incident yet. :(

Meira did a bonehead block and screwed PT, so he's got boos in Canada for life!

Dario turning Power, WTF?!?! Lost all respect for the guy, deserves more than that drive-through.

• Advertisement

Also have a couple of quid on RHR, was sure he was going to get around Rahal at the restart. :( Still, he's on the reds so if they get to race properly without worrying about fuel he may have a shot.

That is BS with Dario FFS!

ARGH! Don't have anything against Dario but he's gonna screw up my chance at 100 quid. :mad:

BULL. SHIT.

No matter how badly damaged the car is Power should get back out and side-swipe Dario. Fcuk that ****, if no-one else is going to look after things then he should go ahead and do it himself.

Fingers crossed Dario and Rahal go out and let my lad have the win he deserves. :pac:

Good to hear that from Power. :)

• Advertisement

Indycar have to give the Ganassis a proper penalty for that BS. Really poor form and completely on purpose, both Dixon and Dario.

5o9fwr.png

This sums up my point of view.

Tweeted Keith Huewen there, doubt he'll read it out though. The reversal of the penalty is bad enough but the BS from the 2 Ganassi cars was even worse IMO.

My money's on no penalty for the #26 :pac:

Need first 3 to take each other out.

• Advertisement

Just those two cheating fcukers costing me a hundred quid.:mad:

We'll see now if Dixon is allowed to overtake, has more push-to-pass left.

*snore*

Oh, it's over? TCGR took a 1-2? Not fúcking surprised. IndyCar loves to hand these races to those who don't deserve them.

Was hoping Power would head down to victory lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

There was no reversal on Dario's penalty because there never WAS a penalty for Dario. Versus seem to have made that up. Al Unser Jr even confirmed to them after the race there wasnt even an investigation into that incident. Even the muppets on Sky Sports figured this out.

Wont even comment on if there should have been a penalty :rolleyes:

That was the most expensive demolition derby ive seen in a long time. :P

I'd like to see the original interview with Chip, he seemed to think there was a penalty.

How it wasn't a penalty is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

They interviewed him after the race again, asking about the 'reversal' and he said something like "i didnt even know we had a penalty until someone from TV came up to me and said so".

Of course, there never was any penalty.

They interviewed him when they apparently learned of the penalty and as far as I remember it didn't seem like they were breaking news to him.

gs39t wrote: »
    There was no reversal on Dario's penalty because there never WAS a penalty for Dario. Versus seem to have made that up. Al Unser Jr even confirmed to them after the race there wasnt even an investigation into that incident. Even the muppets on Sky Sports figured this out.

Except Roger Penske said that it was mentioned over the race control channel that a penalty would be awarded, and Dixon pretty much confirmed it before the post-race conference (which was streamed on the IndyCar Livestream - footage subsequently pulled once they were called out on it).

There's a huge cover-up going on, and no-one likes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Anyone else think people are being a bit harsh on Dario.
    If there was a penalty and it was rescinded fair enough, but it seems there wasnt one. People were going two wide around that corner and in kanaans case and Powers incidents they took the centre line coming out of the cormer and cut across the driver, who was racing for position. I mean thats what race drivers do (see 'Senna').
    Castroneves wasnt being chastised(any more than normal) for taking someone out, or Sato, which were blatant T-bones.

Anyway, like DF says, was probably a 60-40 his error, maybe he shouldnt have continued through the '50p piece corner', but for Power to call dario a 'dirty racing w*nker' was a bit harsh.

Liked the new 'pit walk' with Wheldon. He should really be in a car tho..travesty.

*goes off to buy shares in Dallara body parts before next street circuit*

If there was a penalty and it was rescinded fair enough, but it seems there wasnt one.

Therein lies the problem. RP confirmed there was a penalty, Dixon in the media centre post-race also confirmed it.

You can't just keep a car out there and have your big mommy Chip go give out to IndyCar for trying to punish you. It's blatant favouritism. And the other comments that Dixon made post-race about Rahal being an idiot and "getting what he deserved"? Yea, TCGR are soooooo playing fair(!)
    People were going two wide around that corner and in kanaans case and Powers incidents they took the centre line coming out of the cormer and cut across the driver, who was racing for position.

How about the driver behind see that the gap is closing and maybe, shock horror, roll out of the throttle a bit to avoid a collision? This isn't NASCAR, this isn't a contact sport, so why does no-one seem to give a crap when there's tons of contact made by impatient people?

• Advertisement
Advertisement