Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon white/black

Options
  • 08-03-2011 7:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get one of these yet? Any reviews? Was thinking of picking one up for the brother. Same old same old I presume?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

So far it's looking like the best Pokemon game since Gold and Silver, at least it is for me. Sure it's the same old same old in some respects - but it's Pokemon, it's like crack for kids, I don't think you can go wrong!

It has a much better story, there are some unique new Pokemon, some kick ass music and lots of new things to do (like some new online features).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ibinixer

Haven't touched Pokémon since Red/Blue, picked this up as a mate and me took a vagary and I have to say I'm glad that I did. The story is way better, it's far more balanced and there's loads of variety in the pokémon and the things you can do, if only my DS lite would work on WPA wireless security.

Pick it up, you'll have no regrets and it'll keep your little brother shut up for 40+ hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ibinixer wrote: »
    Haven't touched Pokémon since Red/Blue, picked this up as a mate and me took a vagary and I have to say I'm glad that I did. The story is way better, it's far more balanced and there's loads of variety in the pokémon and the things you can do, if only my DS lite would work on WPA wireless security.

Pick it up, you'll have no regrets and it'll keep your little brother shut up for 40+ hours.

40+ hours?

If it's anything like gold/silver I'm sure it will be much more than that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

if only my DS lite would work on WPA wireless security.

yeah hating this alright, could change it to WEP i suppose, but the hassle of changing every other wireless device in the house...

is it worth it, anyone play it online or is there anything to do other than fight randomers?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LAC

Having played pokemon since red/blue games but I found this quite funny though on Penny's Acrade
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/3/2/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nAtespOOny

It's really good, my favourite since Sliver. The story isn't Hamlet but it's good for a Pokemon game as in you really wouldn't expect Nintendo to touch on the topic in the story, even if the main antagonist is kinda puffy. There's loads of new cool and powerful Pokemon, cities, music, ect. THe graphics are excellent for a D.S game.
    As my D.S' Wifi is mankey(No Pokemon pun intended) I haven't experienced the online features. Since you can't use any of the new Pokemon untill you complete the game it doesn't feel as recycled as the Hoenn or Sinnoh games did. My only real complaint is not many new moves, there are some but not as much as Pokemon Platinum brought.
    Over all for Pokemon fans 9/10
    For any other gamer 7.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Haven't played the series since Red on my old brick Gamboy, but when I saw the pure smarm oozing from that Snivy pokemans, I just had to have it! Going well so far, I really like the graphical overhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

You can find a rather large thread about the games in the Pokéforum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056165829

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Sorry for derailing thread but that is some pro lurking right there. *applause*

Advertisement