Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novation launch pad problem

Options
  • 08-03-2011 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

morning :)
    I recently got my hands on the launch Pad, but I think it's conflicting with the Midi controller I already have which is the edirol keyboard midi controller.
    When I disconnect the Edirol The Laucnh Pad works fine but when both or connected teh whoel systems has a nervous breakdown!!
    Surely both shodul be able to co-exist - or will I have to keep em separate?
    Thanks
    Slam

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

You've got one of those horrible midi problems that are a nightmare to fix.

It sounds like the devices are sending and receiving confusing midi information. You'd need to look up the manual on the midi for each one. Both are probably sending identical messages - that only one should be.

A trick that might work. The Edirol is probably USB? - if it was standard might cable just unplugging one of the cables like the receive stops the confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭grandslamsmith

Thanks KRD,

Yeah both Controllers are USB's - so it means I can unplug one when using the other. Not ideal but do-able I suppose.

Slam

Advertisement