Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony E Xperia10 - Meteor Android Upgrade

• 08-03-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

I've had a Sony Xperia 10 for a while now. It had Android 1.6 when I bought it and it STILL has Android 1.6. :mad: (The X10's OS is not pure Android but is built on top of Android)

I've called Sony E and Meteor a few times but as far as I am aware I simply have to wait. Vodafone and O2 have already rolled out an updated version to their X10 customers.

Are any of you in the same boat? I am disgruntled.

I'm thinking about rooting and getting pure android for my handset but the X10's 1.6 had 1 or 2 good advantages over the standard 1.6 and I can't be that far away from getting the upgrade.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I'm thinking about rooting and getting pure android for my handset but the X10's 1.6 had 1 or 2 good advantages over the standard 1.6 and I can't be that far away from getting the upgrade.

Any advice?

SE are bast*rds when it comes to updates for the X10. I have one myself.

The best decision I ever made was rooting and installing a custom ROM [Free X10 in my case]. Its Android 2.2 and works brilliantly IMO. Obviously, as its in BETA, there are some things that don't work, but nothing that affects my usage anyway.

What advantages does the standard 1.6 ROM have?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭HellishHeat

Otacon wrote: »

What advantages does the standard 1.6 ROM have?

I might be wrong about this but: HTC desire owners did not have the option of viewing 'high quality' versions of youtube videos with the youtube app. I assumed this was an X10 OS feature. I know Samsung Galaxy has this capability but they aren't pure android either.

Advertisement