Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 update has messed up graphics

Options
  • 08-03-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Lenova thinkpad R400 which is running Windows 7 64 bit. It was working fine up until recently. I think it was a windows update that has introduced the problem but I can't be sure of that.

The graphics are handled by a mobile intel 4 series express chipset family. I have updated the drivers to the most recent version on Lenovo's website but the issue still occurs.

It's hard enough to describe, so I've attached an image. The screen will become distorted all of a sudden, and I will have to minimise and the application and then maximise it to clear it. It might happen a few minutes later then.

I can't find a pattern for when it happens unfortunately.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks in advance,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

short of a reformat and a fresh install up to SP1, this is something that you should contact lenovo about.

Advertisement