Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so....whats with the ducks in merville?

Options
  • 08-03-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

i'm sure you guys have spotted them as well...have seen lot of girls trying to allure them with bread and catch 'em with boxes as well...haha...so what's the story with the birds?

some kind of season change thing? where are they coming from....the lake?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

baspower wrote: »
    i'm sure you guys have spotted them as well...have seen lot of girls trying to allure them with bread and catch 'em with boxes as well...haha...so what's the story with the birds?

Oh they're back! It was the same this time last year. Don't know why they come up to Merville though. It was only last year that I learned that ducks could fly, all because of these ducks. I assume they come up from they lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 smurk

lovin the ducks in merville!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 HughOrBrady

baspower wrote: »

They were ordered in for the new lake between Engineering and Quinn, but arrived a few months early by accident. They are being accommodated in Merville until the new lake is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭baspower

They wanted to go into centra yesterday...get lunch probably...haha

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

I was wondering for ages why they kept setting up shop outside my apartment, then my room-mate tells me he's been feeding them for days!;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

They were around last year too . . . used to freak me out! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'm not an expert but I think ducks and some other water borne birds have their young away from water. There used be a duck that crossed from the Department of Justice to St. Stephens Green every year with her ducklings while traffic was stopped, or so the story goes.

Advertisement