Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebuyer no longer delivering to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The question regarding eBuyer not shipping to Ireland was posed on their own forum and THIS was the response. They expect to see other UK e-tailers with no physical presence in Ireland follow suit.....

It appears too that it only effects "non business customers"

Of course Northern Ireland remains unaffected by this latest turn of events.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

OCUK surpassed that limit long ago, adjusted themselves and kept going...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Solitaire wrote: »
    OCUK surpassed that limit long ago, adjusted themselves and kept going...

I literally would be devastated if OCUK stopped delivering here.

I went through a purchase and they charge 21% VAT, which is correct i think

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Has anyone ever ordered anything from novatech, delivery is £16 up to 31.5kg and they accept Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

How hard would it be for them to setup a place of business in Ireland if that's what is causingnthem to pullout? I'm thinking literally an office cubicle with one employee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

el dude wrote: »
    How hard would it be for them to setup a place of business in Ireland if that's what is causingnthem to pullout? I'm thinking literally an office cubicle with one employee.

They don't even need that, I'm sure if the company is run well then they'll have the system to deal with the different tax rate setup in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

bullology wrote: »
    ... Just remember there are third party sellers on there too so you need so filter the sellers in the left panel to show only amazon.co.uk items if you want free "super saver delivery" etc. Hope this helps!...

How do you get it to filter out the non-amazon resellers? I don't see that option on the left panel (or any panel)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It's there when you search for something. So long as it isn't a narrow search in which amazon don't have any of that product. Their computer hardware stock in some areas is far from extensive.

151266.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

i think they do delivery to Ireland ... http://www.ebuyer.com/help/delivery

"
    Delivery options outside mainland UK

Delivery to Northern Ireland, Eire, Scottish Offshore, Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man

"

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bullology

Check out dabs.ie
    Very reasonable and reliable I think they are affiliated with bt but not sure. I bought my HP laptop off them 2.5 years ago and its still going strong!!!
    also check out this handy Irish shopping reference site
    http://shopping.blogs.ie :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

If to speak about internet shops, id say very reasonably priced and delivery / pick up options are

Komplett.ie

and

Elara.ie

Both shops are with preaty large stock, good priced, always ... if something not in komplett , ill find in elara, and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I've just started getting into the habit of ebuyer as an option,i made an order with them just in the last two weeks.

We should all send them a mail or a support request asking them to resolve it, even if you dont use them it's great to have options when you are buying. I find it hard to believe that they cant charge the higher rate of vat for anyone who is attempting to send something to Ireland

edit: tweet them if you are that way inclined, they are responsive on it.
    http://twitter.com/#!/Ebuyer

How do you get it to filter out the non-amazon resellers? I don't see that option on the left panel (or any panel)

You can also open the item page and usually (If there are numerous sellers) it will have a link underneath for eg 13 New and 2 Used available etc
    If you click on 13 New it will bring up a list of the 13 sellers that sell the item new, from there you can select amazon.co.uk, if they sell it, or another 3rd party seller if they have international delivery rates available. Beware of some 3rd party sellers charging ridiculous international delivery rates - You will need to go to the checkout area while signed in to get an accurate delivery charge to the ROI.

You need to make sure you have selected which department the item is in eg Computer Accessories or Computer Components then the filtering and sorting options become available see below:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

So have they definitely stopped delivering to Ireland?

el dude wrote: »
    So have they definitely stopped delivering to Ireland?

Yes they have but my understanding is that if you have a business account and are registered for VAT they still ship here.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

never used them but always good to have options funny was looking at there site yesterday,looks like we get screwed in this country a lot really annoying :(

we get screwed in this country a lot really annoying :(

You are sooooo right there Scorpion :(

Used them for years and was sad to see them stop delivery to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

My contribution:

RAWR!

Main thing I don't like about living here is the lack of PC enthusiast community. You're in North America, and you've got countless forums, with countless members, all selling high-end hardware dirt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

Looks like they are delivering to Ireland again? At least the option is there - I haven't gone through the full checkout.

Scratch that - can't go through the checkout process :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Orders seem to go through if you use google checkout.

Will post later if they inform me the order has been cancelled.

Just to let you all know though, I bought something off them a few weeks ago via google checkout and it turned out to be faulty.

They collected it and verified that it was faulty.

THey then informed me they no longer ship to Ireland so refunded me the price of the item, but not the dlievery charge.

Edit : Yeah they cancelled the order this time.

nd wrote: »

Edit : Yeah they cancelled the order this time.

Did they refund everything this time including the shipping charge or had they even got as far as charging you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭kahf1_01

I ordered off these guys about 2 years ago. I had awful problems, I rang them up several times, apparently they dont even recongise us as a country, they called us "EIRE" postage is also a bomb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

Could you not just use a postcode which ships to northern ireland have have an irish adress so theyll send it to you by an post?

innthe wrote: »
    Could you not just use a postcode which ships to northern ireland have have an irish adress so theyll send it to you by an post?

If i was buying an expensive piece of hardware, i certainly would not the trust in the goodwill of the people in the Belfast sorting office to transfer it to An Post.

OcUK have recently reduced the shipping costs to ROI / Scottish isles. We are now charged the same price as people in Mainland Britain.

If Ebuyer does not want my business then so be it, others do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yes they have but my understanding is that if you have a business account and are registered for VAT they still ship here.
    No they won't plus you shouldn't buy through their business setup as they won't honer the warranty and only give you 30 days to return items no matter what. I'll never be using them again.

Could you not put bt1 1aa as your postcode and they would post it to belfast and san post would deliver it to you?

Could you not put bt1 1aa as your postcode and they would post it to belfast and san post would deliver it to you?

See post 56 :)

moonboy52 wrote: »
    See post 56 :)

aww but cmon man, ebuyer are cheaper than ocuk dude!

• Advertisement

aww but cmon man, ebuyer are cheaper than ocuk dude!

That may be so, but it is a moot point now unfortunately. If i buy a card for €350, you can be sure i will not do it in the hope it gets here.

Advertisement