Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebuyer no longer delivering to Ireland

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,399 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Nearly two years on, there has been an interesting development. I've been buying quite a lot of PC and other stuff from UK suppliers who either don't ship to RoI or charge and arm and leg. I just use Parcel Motel - essentially an accomodation address in Antrim, the gear gets forwarded to my nearest drop-off safe point (look it up, it's quite secure) and all's hunky-dory. A minimal charge of Eu3.50 is applied for this service, so it makes sense on many items.
    I'm looking at buying a printer from ebuyer, which brought up this thread.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

I always use parcel motel for buying of amazon uk its brillaint really good idea but when i buy of overclockers or Scan dpd 2 days service is what they use scan charges £12 and overclockers is £8 same company service brilliant.parcel motel is really only for small items i feel or has anyone bought something big of amazon uk and what where they charged of parcel motel (NightLine)?

I've had a couple of reasonably bulky items via PM - power tools in cases, etc and the max size is decent (more accurate details on their site). They're now offering more but I haven't made use of it yet - bigger package sizes and pick-up/drop-off, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭Worztron

Does Ebuyer still not deliver to the Republic of Ireland?

I'd love to buy from them sometime in the future after seeing this article.

Ebuyer Bring Budget Ubuntu Laptops to the UK: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2015/05/new-ubuntu-laptops-available-from-ebuyer-2-2

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You could get stuff forwarded through the likes of parcelmotel. It would cost a little extra though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Monotype wrote: »
    You could get stuff forwarded through the likes of parcelmotel. It would cost a little extra though.

Unfortunately they are wide to Parcel Motel and don't allow that either.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭N64

Parcel motel do accept wide items. All that will happen is that instead of picking it up at a motel, you'll pick it up at one of their depots around the country.

If you notice, the 'S' is right next to the 'D'
    gadgetman was probably referring to some senders not allowing drop-boxes as a destination address. Whether through desire to account for proper traceability, or being ripped-off; it's their stuff and their rules, much as I don't like it.
    For the odd must-have item that won't ship to Parcel Motel / Connect, there is always a relly or pal in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

I tried ordering today via Parcel Motel and the order was accepted then cancelled, and my account on eBuyer was closed down!

Seems a bit harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Simi

munkee wrote: »
    I tried ordering today via Parcel Motel and the order was accepted then cancelled, and my account on eBuyer was closed down!

Seems a bit harsh.

Same thing happened to me the last time I tried to order something. When I queried it, I was told I would not be able to reopen my account. Seems extreme but I guess they have their reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

This just happened to me, just wondering do they give a full refund as Ive heard that they keep the delivery charge to N.I,

If I ordered from flubit would I encounter the same problem
    This is whta i was trying to buy http://www.ebuyer.com/658956-lenovo-e50-desktop-pc-90bx0018uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dabs sell that same PC for €211. Hassle free, delivery is €2. Might be worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hi,
    Unfortunately we are unable to reactivate the account as the billing and shipping address have been related to fraud.
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused but let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

got that enote off them this morning, what an absolute sham of a company, people stay away from this crowd

Hope you point out to them the dropbox number is an essential part of your unique address with PM / PC and nothing to do with anyone else who's using it.

Advertisement