Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now you're eating

Options
  • 08-03-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

We have beer events, we have cinema events, how about a little fine dining events?

We could arrange for a group of us to go out to a restaurant sometime? Pubs are great for banter but frequently the music is too loud (i'm getting old :() and you don't get much conversation in a cinema so we could have a nice meal, let the conversation flow and always have the option to go to the pub afterwards for a social one or two (jager bombs are not social squishy!).

What do you think peoples? Granted this is even more tricky to arrange dates and places than a regular beers as tastes in pubs is not nearly as sensitive as tastes in restaurants. Especially when we have such a divide of crusty students and high rolling career types in the forum (Maguined says no to eddie rockets!). :pac:

Ladies and gentlemen and children (that's for you boom :P) discuss? rip apart? support? derail at your leisure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I love food. I'm in.

/meaningful contribution

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Sounds like a good idea. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I'm all in. I like food. :)

Perhaps we could make it a monthly thing? Last Friday of the month, we pick somewhere and go eat there?

I have a small shortlist!
    • Tanta Zoes
    • Frankie's Steakhouse
    • Botacellis
    • Ermm... can't remember the name. Vietnamese places in Templebar.
    And that's just Templebar! :D

Luigi Malone's, also of Temple Bar. Cheap and cheerful, but it has toblerone cheesecake.

Yeah.

Sinners - Lebanese restaurant in Temple Bar (has belly dancers on a Friday/Saturday night)

• Advertisement

Sinners - Lebanese restaurant in Temple Bar (has belly dancers on a Friday/Saturday night)

KhlavKalash.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Sounds like a good idea:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

So how is the suggestion of Friday the 25th sounding to people?

Also as we will probably have to book a table on/before the day we decide to go we need people to confirm for sure if they are still up for it before we book.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I'd be interested in this. Would highly recommend The Chameleon in Temple Bar too as their Rijst Tafel menus are great for groups!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Maguined wrote: »
    We have beer events, we have cinema events, how about a little fine dining events?

We could arrange for a group of us to go out to a restaurant sometime? Pubs are great for banter but frequently the music is too loud (i'm getting old :() and you don't get much conversation in a cinema so we could have a nice meal, let the conversation flow and always have the option to go to the pub afterwards for a social one or two (jager bombs are not social squishy!).

What do you think peoples? Granted this is even more tricky to arrange dates and places than a regular beers as tastes in pubs is not nearly as sensitive as tastes in restaurants. Especially when we have such a divide of crusty students and high rolling career types in the forum (Maguined says no to eddie rockets!). :pac:

Ladies and gentlemen and children (that's for you boom :P) discuss? rip apart? support? derail at your leisure.

That was an excellent post! Not only did you slag Squish and Boom, but you also suggested going for delicious foods!
    reallyrose wrote: »
    I have a small shortlist!
    • Tanta Zoes
    • Frankie's Steakhouse
    • Botacellis
    • Ermm... can't remember the name. Vietnamese places in Templebar.
    And that's just Templebar! :D
    jokettle wrote: »
    Luigi Malone's, also of Temple Bar. Cheap and cheerful, but it has toblerone cheesecake.

To all of the above, yes, I do live in Templebar and I am planning on rolling out of bed 3 minutes before this exciting date.
    So how is the suggestion of Friday the 25th sounding to people?

Also as we will probably have to book a table on/before the day we decide to go we need people to confirm for sure if they are still up for it before we book.
    25th of March? Why does that ring a bell? Ex-girlfriends birthday perhaps... which is grand, cause who the hell celebrates an ex-girlfriends birthday!? Ok, I'm in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Also - Mongolian BBQ!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

This is an excellent idea laaaaad! :)

Perhaps we could make it a monthly thing? Last Friday of the month, we pick somewhere and go eat there?

This is also an excellent idea. Jaaaaysus the brain juices are flowing around the Noc today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Sounds good, generally like dining out & enjoying/trying new food :)

Count me in. :) I also approve of all the restaurants that have been suggested.

Sounds like a good idea. :)
    StereoLove wrote: »
    Sounds like a good idea:)
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    That was an excellent post!
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    This is an excellent idea laaaaad! :)

In your face A/S/L thread! :P

There are simply too many good restaurants to suggest putting up a poll so we need some good fashioned dictatorship decision making, so basically we need one person to just pick the place, who gets to pick? We can draw a name out of a hat or something like that, though I would prefer if people tried to bribe me with sexual favours as that would be far more entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Count me in but can we add a few Japaneses places?

UkiyoBar has really good food and a huge selection plus they have real sake { Japanese Rice Wine }.

And even though no matter how much of a Black Friday it is; the Honey & Sugar will not Toxicity my Mind enough to drink Pussy Liquor and Attack the Damn Disaster Blaster of a Power Hungry War Zone of their karaoke room......

http://www.ukiyobar.com/

There are simply too many good restaurants to suggest putting up a poll so we need some good fashioned dictatorship decision making, so basically we need one person to just pick the place, who gets to pick? We can draw a name out of a hat or something like that, though I would prefer if people tried to bribe me with sexual favours as that would be far more entertaining.

If your sexual favours involve milk, then I'm out.

Yamamori is delicious too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Yeah great food and haven't been there is year, my only problem with the place is they try and feck you out the second you finish eating :/
    Yamamori is delicious too. :)

Yeah great food and haven't been there is year, my only problem with the place is they try and feck you out the second you finish eating :/

The place on the quays is great for just letting you sit back and chat once you're finished. If anything the last few times I've been there Ive had trouble trying to get the bill and leave. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

How about steak? It was talk of steak that inspired all of this. :)
    FXB do amazing steak and it's not soooo expensive. Totally worth it too. </dictator>

http://www.fxbrestaurants.com/temple/menus.html

Medium rare steak, red wine. You'll be able to carry me home in a bucket. *melts*.

And if Mags needs to be given sexual favors in order to eat steak, well, he's just not the man I thought he was.

I fully endorse this idea. Steak is amazing.

If your sexual favours involve milk, then I'm out.

So if it doesn't involve milk than you are game? fine it's regular old boring sexual favours from jokettle it is. :rolleyes:
    And if Mags needs to be given sexual favors in order to eat steak, well, he's just not the man I thought he was.

Les talk and more action, take one for the team! :pac:

So if it doesn't involve milk than you are game? fine it's regular old boring sexual favours from jokettle it is. :rolleyes:

Em.....yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Sounds like a good idea to me! =D Once it's not too expensive, poor student yay :P And FYI I generally drink something like Bulmers when I'm out, but when I'm only having one drink, or am out with the intention of getting sloshed, I go for the jager :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

sounds good tho wont have the cash this time round hopefully the next time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

I'm in I like steak too:D

Steak is clearly the winner so in the interest of getting things done let's just go to somehwere that does a good steak this time and we can do something else the next time.

FXB's and Frankies have already been suggested earlier and they both do a damn good steak. There is also an Argentinian steakhouse as well Buenos Aires that I have never been to but is supposed to be pretty damn good.

I reckon we just throw out more suggestions for good steak places between now and Monday so we can all have a think and give more people an opportunity to get in on the action. Monday then we decide which restaurant to go to and then we get final confirmation of numbers and book the place 3 days in advance?

Also what time would suit people for Friday the 25th?

You're far too organised this early in the morning.

I don't know of any more steak places, but 5:30/6 is the earliest I could manage time wise.

• Advertisement

You're far too organised this early in the morning.

I don't know of any more steak places, but 5:30/6 is the earliest I could manage time wise.

Democracy does not work, events like these need totalitarian efficiency or else everyone is far too polite to make a decision that might not be what other people want so it just will drag on forever with indecision until we don't get a place booked and it falls through.

I refuse to let that happen!

I am just one man on a mission, and my mission is to see you people well fed, and I will get results. :cool:

Advertisement