Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now you're eating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Maguined wrote: »
    I am bored of looking in the shops so am already camping out on that one in particular, I am wearing a black and grey hoodie and am looking very brooding today.

Like Angel?

I'm mostly looking like a sleepy panda today. So many napping needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm all annoyed to be missing this, I love apple pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

It's okay its apple struddle but was delicious anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

It's okay its apple struddle but was delicious anyway.

But was there custard Mags?

But was there custard Mags?

So much custard. Currently on custard break. Then back into more custard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

The custard looked like snot ...... Just sayin!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

The custard looked like snot ...... Just sayin!
    That is one of the most unappetising descriptions of food I've ever heard! :eek::pac:
    *makes mental note to never order custard in the Chinese in Dundrum*

Hermione* wrote: »
    That is one of the most unappetising descriptions of food I've ever heard! :eek::pac:
    *makes mental note to never order custard in the Chinese in Dundrum*

Mags'll back me up on this I'm sure.... but the custard looked like custard, it lacked the illuminous yellow of store bought custard so SOMEBODY (think delicious edible treat similar to a bun) thought it was awfully snotty. It was quite lovely and went really well with the apple struuuuuuudel. :)

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Mags'll back me up on this I'm sure.... but the custard looked like custard, it lacked the illuminous yellow of store bought custard so SOMEBODY (think delicious edible treat similar to a bun) thought it was awfully snotty. It was quite lovely and went really well with the apple struuuuuuudel. :)

It looked like a big bowl of snot and you know it!

It looked like a big bowl of snot and you know it!

I've never seen snot contain apple strudel... maybe you should refrain from trying to inhale your desserts... with your NOSE! :eek::pac::p:D

• Advertisement

I've never seen snot contain apple strudel... maybe you should refrain from trying to inhale your desserts... with your NOSE! :eek::pac::p:D

You can dress this up however you want...... It was still snotty custard :P

Custard was nice, not great but nice and definitely did not look like snot. Apple struddle was good and they had tons of other deserts. Overall I think i prefer Jimmy Chungs, while being a bit more expensive it has more range of food options and I just love choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I think I'd lose my appetite for custard pretty rapidly after hearing such a description, no matter what it looked like!
    I always buy my custard ready-made :o

Hermione* wrote: »
    I think I'd lose my appetite for custard pretty rapidly after hearing such a description, no matter what it looked like!
    I always buy my custard ready-made :o

Don't let her rob the custardy-goodness from you Hermione, just because she couldn't sample the delights herself!

Don't let her rob the custardy-goodness from you Hermione, just because she couldn't sample the delights herself!

I only couldn't sample it because it looked so unappetising !!!

Custard is always mank.

/runs from the pitchfork and flaming torches-carrying crowd

jokettle wrote: »
    Custard is always mank.

Ah, it's not the worst. Is there anything to be said for some Angel Delight?

Welcome back, hope Canada was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Yuuuck, even just the smell of custard...Buuuuh

I'm still in Canada! Just made my way back through anti-monarchy protests as Prince William and his wife were in the city. Had to wander around for an hour in a tiny park until they left because all the roads were closed.

Flying home tomorrow, with a 6 hour layover in Toronto. Should be back by 8am Tuesday :)

I'm still in Canada! Just made my way back through anti-monarchy protests as Prince William and his wife were in the city. Had to wander around for an hour in a tiny park until they left because all the roads were closed.

Flying home tomorrow, with a 6 hour layover in Toronto. Should be back by 8am Tuesday :)

Ah, apologies for jumping the gun there.

Have a safe trip back!

...how tiny are we talking, park-wise?

• Advertisement

...how tiny are we talking, park-wise?

It had a bench, and 3 trees. More of a grassy area than a park! Maybe the size of a decent sitting-room. I sat on the bench and read my book, while digesting a glorious breakfast of egg, sausage, fruit, fried potatoes, crepe, toast and juice. I'll miss Canada!

Custard is always mank.

Vanilla... vanilla... how can you hate vanilla? Gloop gloop.
    Ah, it's not the worst. Is there anything to be said for some Angel Delight?

Ah yeah, Angel Delight is a nice little treat alright. One of those "brought up on" type dishes of a certain vintage.

I don't hate vanilla, I hate custard. Keep up, Few :P

One more glass of wine and I'll go into the hallway and throttle those yank kids who won't shut the frak up. One of them is called Elijah. I hate him the most.

*Is yank an insult? I don't mean it as an insult, just a descriptive word.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Custard was tasty enough, even though I don't like warm custard =/

I do also sincerely apoligize for my weird friends and abandoning ye all :(

I don't hate vanilla, I hate custard. Keep up, Few :P

One more glass of wine and I'll go into the hallway and throttle those yank kids who won't shut the frak up. One of them is called Elijah. I hate him the most.

*Is yank an insult? I don't mean it as an insult, just a descriptive word.

The essence of custard is vanilla.... vanilla is the essence of custard. Mer MAN father, Mer MAN!

Also, Elijah? Yeah, I can see him being the easiest to hate.

I'll be honest, we did see your friend in a late night Spar and we did 100% hide and wait down the back of the shop until he left.

Cold custard? :confused:

What was the deal with the beardy guy with the pony tail? the two of you left together but then I saw him outside Spar on D'Olier street at maybe 2am?

He also said something really weird in Fibbers that made me giggle at it's awkwardness but now I can't remember.

He also said something really weird in Fibbers that made me giggle at it's awkwardness but now I can't remember.

Was it when he leaned across the table at Cupcake Crisis and said "Oh yeah, meant to mention that, nice breasts by the way, thanks for bringing them along."
    That got my "fight for the lady's honour" aggro rating raised, following on from him clearing his throat in my ear.
    I thought it was going to kick off when I tuned in on some conversation where he just kept saying "Disagree with me and you'll get your throat cut, you're dead".

Was it when he leaned across the table at Cupcake Crisis and said "Oh yeah, meant to mention that, nice breasts by the way, thanks for bringing them along."
    That got my "fight for the lady's honour" aggro rating raised, following on from him clearing his throat in my ear.
    I thought it was going to kick off when I tuned in on some conversation where he just kept saying "Disagree with me and you'll get your throat cut, you're dead".

Oh yeah!! I forgot about that! He was a lovely fellow.....

I'm sorry I missed it.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry I missed it.

And we missed you sir, and we missed you :(

Advertisement