Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now you're eating

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tishiewishie

Sounds good to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Maguined wrote: »
    Democracy does not work, events like these need totalitarian efficiency or else everyone is far too polite to make a decision that might not be what other people want so it just will drag on forever with indecision until we don't get a place booked and it falls through.

I refuse to let that happen!

I am just one man on a mission, and my mission is to see you people well fed, and I will get results. :cool:

Sounds like a barrel of laughs so :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

*cracks whip*

I vote (demand) that we stick to either Frankie's or FXB. Which has more nicer wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

jokettle wrote: »
    Sounds like a barrel of laughs so :p

Don't worry that is just needed for the organisation of the event, you are free to order whatever sicko anti milk but pro pineapple on pizza loving food you want. :p

*researches food dyes to make milk look like red wine*

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

What about people who don't eat steak?

• Advertisement

Both FXB and Frankies have veggie and non-steak-meat-options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

There are other things on the menu. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Most places that do steak will also offer a vegetarian dish, a fish dish and a chicken dish as well.

For example FXB's menu has these mains:
    Pan fried skate
    Mixed grill of lamb cutlet or fillet of pork with mushrooms and onion rings
    Burger
    Stuffed roasted aubergine with mozzarella
    Loin of pork chop
    Beef & guinees pie
    Fishermans style pie
    Pork ribs
    corn-fed chicken supreme

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

This sounds like a great idea. I do love my food. Provided I have the money, and I'm free, I'd like to pop along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

What about people who don't eat steak?

Oh, it's the simple solution of GTFO.

:D

YAY STEAK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

I missed the post that gave the date. I'm now a maybe. My graduation is the following day so my brother is coming up the night before so I'll probably being going to dinner with him and his lady friend (a girl I've never met is coming to my graduation because my mother is simply not bothered:rolleyes:)

I'll have to see what his schedule is for arriving and see if I can fit in two steak dinners:D

Coming from the lady who notoriously couldn't finish a BLT at the Noc Cinema Adventure, I will take that bet! Well, no, it's not a bet.. but... damn. :pac:

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Coming from the lady who notoriously couldn't finish a BLT at the Noc Cinema Adventure, I will take that bet! Well, no, it's not a bet.. but... damn. :pac:

I could do two steak dinners without much hassle and a little fasting:p

micayla wrote: »
    I could do two steak dinners without much hassle and a little fasting:p

Fasting?! School-girl error there, it shrinks your tum and defeats you before you even begin. If anything you'd want to stuff yourself the night before :P

Fasting?! School-girl error there, it shrinks your tum and defeats you before you even begin. If anything you'd want to stuff yourself the night before :P

Not for me it doesn't:p I once went four days without food and then spent the next two days eating everything in sight!

micayla wrote: »
    Not for me it doesn't:p I once went four days without food and then spent the next two days eating everything in sight!

Well then we've got ourselves a double steak!

That's right people, it's a STEAK OFF! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

conxg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

reallyrose wrote: »
    Ermm... can't remember the name. Vietnamese places in Templebar.

Chameleon? I was there yesterday with my bf; fookin delicious :D

I know we've settled on steak for the first outing, but this is a good place to keep in mind for future :)

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

jokettle wrote: »
    Chameleon? I was there yesterday with my bf; fookin delicious :D

I know we've settled on steak for the first outing, but this is a good place to keep in mind for future :)

Chameleon is Indonesian. :) If you book for a group they also have private rooms they can put you in and they're amazing!!

It's definitely vietmanese I'm thinking of. I'll take a look this evening, I'll be drifting through Templebar. It's on the corner, near Eager Beaver and that record shop with all the murals outside.

• Advertisement

Chameleon is Indonesian. :) If you book for a group they also have private rooms they can put you in and they're amazing!!

I do like private room sounds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

'Fraid I have to sit this one out, have fun! :)

'Fraid I have to sit this one out, have fun! :)

Off-topic, but how do you have such a gigantic signature? Tuddle had one have that size taken off her.

It's not actually that big, I just resized it in MS Paint, can't remember what dimensions I put in though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Off-topic, but how do you have such a gigantic signature? Tuddle had one have that size taken off her.
    It's not actually that big, I just resized it in MS Paint, can't remember what dimensions I put in though :P

Ha! :D

I do love the kitten one :)

She still has it as no-one has reported her to Sigpo. You are allowed different images but not sure you allowed two large images. Not sure on the rules in fairness.

But just in case keep a copy of where ye got those links and any links in your written text as if Sigpo get rid of it...they get rid of the WHOLE lot! :(

Who are sigpo and how do I report to them... :pac:

Awwwh, don't :(

Who are sigpo and how do I report to them... :pac:
    Awwwh, don't :(

Yeah, Few, don't. At least not until I've decided on the one on the far right or the one on the far left :P

Yeah, Few, don't. At least not until I've decided on the one on the far right or the one on the far left :P

For you KoE, for you! Awww, now if anyone actually DOES report it I'll get the blame! damn!

• Advertisement

For fear that my sig will get attacked, I removed my lesser favourite picture to save my favourite :D

Advertisement