Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TEST LAUNCH] http://search.boards.ie - now ye're searching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Simple and easy to use. There is not complicated navigation options, (they usually just annoy me), and you get exactly what you search for!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭murty01

It's good. I agree though with eyeball kid on page 1 about putting the results in some kind of chronological order. I like it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sey

Easy and effective. I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Brilliant :D

There's no craziness with it, I really like it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Will the options from the old search be included soon? Things like search by poster and from date to date (and of course search in forum)?

A search for something like 'Inception' gives fairly useless results with the new search as is, even when post-filtered by forum (first two results are posts slap-bang in the middle of a thread, it seems to like paddysamurai's opinion :) )

Normally, I'd search by forum Films including subforums and include only threads with Inception in the title and get exactly what I need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I think it needs some more work.

151208.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Its ****e. there is just something missing from it

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭joe2010

Nice job - looks good and works well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

really good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Now Ye're Searchin...

haha, I like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Much better than the predecessor!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 toofiddie

cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Great work

Regards

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

something about the front page... is different. New haircut? polished shoes? did it get laid last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Great job with the new search function.

Much easier to use and a much nicer format.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am sorry i dont use the search much. I have been trying to think of things of interest to search for. For example some usernames who i find interesting but I consider this to be stalking....:rolleyes:

Anyway i figure if i dont use it its going to be difficult to give you good imput..

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

It's good. I like it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Just tried it. I think it is very good. Will use it in future. Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

I typed in "ass" - 73,792 results.

Never knew Boards had so much booty! :pac:

No seriously, nice work guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I've been looking for a way to search for stuff from years ago and this does it very admirably. Cheers. It's a shame one can't search users complete posting history but maybe that's just a bit creepy anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭mongol

Another airsofter. Was easier before to logon. Don't like it but fair play tryin to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Very slick. A massive improvement on the old system no doubt! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

This is an excellent feature to have for boards, as someone mentioned before, there is a wealth of specifically Irish info available on here that seemingly gets lots in the enormity of Google.

One small criticism (and it's probably just me) is that the date posted count seems a bit odd - if it's two months old it says "1 month, 4 weeks old", instead of just 2 months. Why this annoys me....i don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

i like this , very good , keep up the good work lads ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Nice UI.
    The ads blend in a little too much with the results, and are a little too predominant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Claire L

Excellent . Much better than the old search function - thanks!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Crap... With the old search you could put in a term and any threads, starting with the most recent, came up!

Now.. Ill need a search for the new search just to cut out all the crap! Lots of users come here for advice/information and it will be a nightmare now to look for what you want.

If it stays I will be going.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dubscottie wrote: »
    If it stays I will be going.

Dramatic! :eek:

The old search function is still there too...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Very good job. Well done to Ross on it :)

be handy if you could be able to set conditions before you search eg specify forums you want to search

also is this able to search forums like tCN where there is no postcount? the old search wasn't able to, i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Seems to be a problem somewhere, I have a usual search "taxis OR spsv" which I normaly use to try and pick up any taxi related threads now the last I get is over 3 weeks old, unless I'm doing something wrong

http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=taxi+OR+spsv&sort=newest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement