Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TEST LAUNCH] http://search.boards.ie - now ye're searching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I like it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Minor critique here...Can this be set to search specific boards,not the entireity of boards.ie?
    Second ..Can it be set a bit more precise to search a keyword?
    IE was looking for Shepard rifle scope for sale...Over 600 hits on threads that featured the word Scope and for sale.:eek:
    Tried Shepard..150 hits from farming and agriculture:)
    Tried shepard scope..Get my own thread.:(
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong,but I feel it needs a slight tweaking.:cool:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

I like it and find it much more user friendly than the previous version. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

It's horrible, the old one is much better. Much more customizable. Also, it's very innacurate if you search for a username.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Love it...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭peteclarke

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't find anything I want. Bring back the old search please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

well done lads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

peteclarke wrote: »
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't find anything I want. Bring back the old search please
    old search is still there :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Searching for a pipe returns a 503 error...

http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=|

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I like it but it lacks the advanced searches that are available in the other search page. ie. being able to specify what the posters username is, whether to display by thread or post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Good work lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Martty81

I just did a search for Galway Book club and Book Club - Galway (the title of the thread) and it didn't return the page in any of the search responses on the first page. That's particularly poor if you consider the amount of posts, views and the length of time the thread has been in use.

Some more work to do, I think!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Minor critique here...Can this be set to search specific boards,not the entireity of boards.ie?
    Second ..Can it be set a bit more precise to search a keyword?
    IE was looking for Shepard rifle scope for sale...Over 600 hits on threads that featured the word Scope and for sale.:eek:
    Tried Shepard..150 hits from farming and agriculture:)
    Tried shepard scope..Get my own thread.:(
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong,but I feel it needs a slight tweaking.:cool:

Try spelling it "shepherd"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

ooooh soooo much better

• Registered Users Posts: 42 karljd

Yeah i like it a whole lot better.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Yup.. tis pretty cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

did ya rob it from google:D it's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Maggie568

It is very good,I can search my topics easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Two thumbs up folks. Thanks for organising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 snakebite80

search facility - 0/10. posted earlier today, received a reply. searched for my original post '0', so sorry, either my comment was too close to the bone, too unbelievable to be on 'boards' or, the seárch function is having problems. Shouldn't be too difficult to find out of the 2 posts I have actually made........ pity:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

search facility - 0/10. posted earlier today, received a reply. searched for my original post '0', so sorry, either my comment was too close to the bone, too unbelievable to be on 'boards' or, the seárch function is having problems. Shouldn't be too difficult to find out of the 2 posts I have actually made........ pity:confused:

A little off topic but if you click on your own username beside your post you can see all your previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

hi ,
    Any way of setting your favorite forms rather than searching all the time you want to fine it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Excellent very easy to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

If I click, get search results, there seems to be no link to get back to www.boards.ie homepage ?? or am I missing something??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kildaregirl

oh good I think it will be brilliant, thanks..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

It is slow.

How are the results ordered ?
    I would have expected they would be ordered by newest post first and oldest last. ( I realise there is a newest first link but the results still don't look correct based on best result)

try searching for sql

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

sql search took no time at all: 8,708 results (0.202 seconds)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jj73

I like it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Good jobs guys. Easy to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hally_89

Alot easier to use and everythings nice a big so makes it alot easier to read too (not that theres anything wrong with my eyesight)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement