Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water plants in Dublin?

Options
  • 08-03-2011 1:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody reccomend a good garden centre or similar that has water plants for a pond,lillies etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Degsy - Try Newlands Garden Centre in Newlands Cross good range of well cared for water plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Should try Pond Hobby in Ballyboughal, Nth Co Dublin.

Oops forgot about him..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Is pond hobby easy to find? I'll be coming from the m50,finglas direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Degsy wrote: »
    Is pond hobby easy to find? I'll be coming from the m50,finglas direction.

Relatively easy and near Tully Nurseries. Best driving along M50, take exit M1 (Belfast), continue driving and take exit for Lusk/Donabate. Follow signs for Lusk. Continue on main road (Old Belfast road), pass turn off for Lusk, take first left after the Esso Station. Continue for 1000yards and take first right (You should see signs for Tully's and Pond Hobby). Continue for 500 yards, Pond Hobby on righthandside.

You can always ring PH for directions:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

I can honestly say that I got lost each and every time I tried to go to Pond Hobby!
    It's a great place, though, I got lots of plants there and the liner and underlay for my pond, too.
    I think it's not open every day at this time of the year, but if you phone ahead the guy will be there to meet you.
    Well worth a visit. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Is he ever open though???:confused:

We are regular visitors to Tulleys Nurseries and we often pop on up the road to see this chap,but hes never there and his compound is allways locked up.:(

paddy147 wrote: »
    Is he ever open though???:confused:

We are regular visitors to Tulleys Nurseries and we often pop on up the road to see this chap,but hes never there and his compound is allways locked up.:(

P as Rancid said give him a buzz and he'll be there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Got as far as ballyboughall and nobody had ever heard of the place..drove around for ages and called it quits.

Its very well hidden if its there at all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Got as far as ballyboughall and nobody had ever heard of the place..drove around for ages and called it quits.

Theres a sign post for it at the turn for Tulleys Nurserie.

You keep ion driving up the road,past Tulleys on your right and the pond place is up the road about another 500-600 yards.

You cant miss it,as theres also a sign in the front garden area of the place too.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

It's there alright!
    Just give yourself plenty of time (and patience!) to find it.
    As I said, phone them a day or 2 in advance, then keep the number with you when you're driving and ring them if you get lost.
    I've been through all this, it is worth it. :)

Advertisement