Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 TDI 02 - Recommended Tyre Pressure?

Options
  • 08-03-2011 1:24pm

Hi Lads

Anyone know what the recommended tyre pressure for my car is?

Was told 32 for all tyres, but its always higher when I get anything done in a garage (eg, puncture repaired) the lad in the garage didn't have a clue.

Some people also said 32 would be for normal tyres but I have low profiles.

Car is Audi A4 TDI 2002 with low profiles (18 Inch Alloys)

The letters on the tyres are: 225/40ZR18 92W XL

Anyone any ideas, dont want to be putting too much or too little

Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

usually on the inside of the door jam. Generally 32-35 will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Check the drivers door sill, or RTFM.

It's worn away from inside the door an they are post-factory alloys. I did RTFM an there's nothing in it, but thanks for your input.

I wouldn't be asking if it was that obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

It's worn away from inside the door an they are post-factory alloys. I did RTFM an there's nothing in it, but thanks for your input.

I wouldn't be asking if it was that obvious.

Fair enough, I'd say 32psi is grand so. I have the same size as yours on the front of my car and thats what is recommended for mine.

PaulKK wrote: »
    Fair enough, I'd say 32psi is grand so. I have the same size as yours on the front of my car and thats what is recommended for mine.

Great, thanks a mill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

The 235/40/18 which is a factory option size for your car uses 32psi front and rear unladen so you wouldn't go wrong using that in 225's.

The 235/40/18 which is a factory option size for your car uses 32psi front and rear unladen so you wouldn't go wrong using that in 225's.

Thats brilliant, thanks very much!

Advertisement