Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to education allowance & Masters courses

• 08-03-2011 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've a quick question on the BTEA. Does it cover masters courses?

I want to do a 12 month masters in September but I'm not sure if I'll get the BTEA for it. Incidentally I've been offered a job starting tomorrow, on monthly contracts. Now my problem is if I take the job and it only lasts a month, I've broken my claim and therefore am ineligible for BTEA, and wont have saved enough money to fund myself for the 12 months while studying.

If anyone can clear this up for me I'd be very appreciative,

Thanks

Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Note:
    The postgraduate option of the BTEA scheme is only for people who wish to take:

* a postgraduate course of study that leads to any Higher Diploma (H. Dip.) qualification in any discipline, or
    * a postgraduate Diploma in Education (Primary or Secondary teaching).

Other postgraduate qualifications including a Master's degree are not recognised for BTEA purposes.

You will not get the BTEA if you already hold a postgraduate qualification.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW70/Pages/ABacktoEducationAllowanceBTEA.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Thanks I spotted that alright after I posted, I was in with the LES officer today though and she wasn't sure if there was leeway with the rules as the BTEA form states "approved post graduate degree".

Advertisement