Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collaborative workspaces in Waterford

• 08-03-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

www.amworks.ie

This is an example of a collaborative workspace in Dublin - people get a desk, internet connection, access to meeting rooms etc all for between €20 to €220 a month. It sounds great for people who are self employed, but would prefer to have a professional address/meeting area for clients instead of working from home, and also to be able to get out of the house and network with other small business owners.

I think something similar would go down great in Waterford, especially considering the amount of IT graduates etc. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think there is something along those lines on Parnell St beside CTI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Something similar exists out in Carraiganore campus. www.arclabs.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 viking2011

there are loads of unused upper floor offices in Waterford City Center. Some are available for very small money. It would also be easy access for clients without having to drive to the outskirts of the city and also help local businesses to create footfall in the city center

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

viking2011 wrote: »
    there are loads of unused upper floor offices in Waterford City Center. Some are available for very small money. It would also be easy access for clients without having to drive to the outskirts of the city and also help local businesses to create footfall in the city center

What sort of rents are we talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Havnt a clue if they actually do but I wonder would the city enterprise board provide space for people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

I don't know...arclabs looks good, but it's all the way out in Carriganore, plus I've never heard of it - this crowd seems to be aimed at fairly established businesses looking to share costs? Amworks etc would be a desk-renting service basically, but with meeting rooms, a bit more casual for the programmers, web designers, visual designers, or even bookkeepers, writers, students - anyone who needs a bit of businesslike peace and quiet away from home/library and is willing to pay a (small) premium for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Its actually a fairly good idea for a few people starting off to pool together to get cheeper costs,
    id go so far as to say its a fairly good business idea as theres plenty of empty buildings and offices around.

Advertisement