Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

In my excitement over cop:complete's release today, ive made a rather depressing stalker video

:D

Quality isnt great tho, sony vegas really ballsed up the rendering and makes it look badly aliased :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

grgh
    want complete mod NOW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,331 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

cheers for the mod tip, I'll have to try that out. And the weapon pack. Anything that promises [easier] weapons Im down for :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Woo! Call of Pripyat Complete!

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are easily my favourite games, great atmosphere, decent story, great gameplay, just brilliant.

One tip though, if playing Call of Pripyat, install the Russian Dialogue mod (and subtitle mod if wanted), the Russian voice acting is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

One tip though, if playing Call of Pripyat, install the Russian Dialogue mod (and subtitle mod if wanted), the Russian voice acting is much better.

Cool! Is there a similar mod for STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl? I've always found the dialogue quite dodgy (seems to have been translated directly from Russian/Ukranian, and sometimes doesn't make sense). Also some of the NPCs sometimes say things in Russian/Ukranian, which I don't understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,331 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

that was another thing that put me off - those russian-american voices.

Cool! Is there a similar mod for STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl? I've always found the dialogue quite dodgy (seems to have been translated directly from Russian/Ukranian, and sometimes doesn't make sense). Also some of the NPCs sometimes say things in Russian/Ukranian, which I don't understand.

I think there exists both a voice and subtitle mod for SoC, but I do not know where to find them.

Oh, another tip.

For Call of Pripyat, the Voice mod should work with most other mods.
    The Subtitle mod however, is not compatible with a few mods (notably RCOM).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

MajorMax wrote: »
    WHy?

Checkpoint duty in Kosovo with KFOR. Checkpoint was outside an old Coal Powerplant. Watching the power plant for illegal activity & checking cars for smuggling/gun running.

It sounds sexy, but sucked ass when everyone else was tucked up in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Ah, here we go, thought i had this saved somewhere. Its a list of mods

http://i56.tinypic.com/dlq2ia.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

List of good mods? bad mods? O.k. mods?

The mod db is fine I think for finding mods for all 3:-

SOC
    CS
    COP

COP Complete - still not released as I paste this.

mewso wrote: »
    List of good mods? bad mods? O.k. mods?

The mod db is fine I think for finding mods for all 3:-

SOC
    CS
    COP

COP Complete - still not released as I paste this.

I wish Pavel would upload it already.

i started pripyat today and have played a little bit but i really dont like the inventory and the new hud is kind of annoying.

it keeps telling me i'm suffering from radiation contamination, but no matter how many anti rad drugs I take it wont go away. it isnt even yellow or red, it stays green.. flashing sometimes when I take 2 anti rad drugs in a row but it just wont go away.

is the entire zone radiated now? am I going to have to do a load of side missions in the starting area so I can afford to buy a new suit before I actually start the first mission on the main quest?

i started pripyat today and have played a little bit but i really dont like the inventory and the new hud is kind of annoying.

it keeps telling me i'm suffering from radiation contamination, but no matter how many anti rad drugs I take it wont go away. it isnt even yellow or red, it stays green.. flashing sometimes when I take 2 anti rad drugs in a row but it just wont go away.

is the entire zone radiated now? am I going to have to do a load of side missions in the starting area so I can afford to buy a new suit before I actually start the first mission on the main quest?

Strange, but no, the entire zone is not irradiated, only some small pockets. You will not have to do a lot of side missions but you should look into artifact hunting, you can get tons of money from doing this (I got myself an Exoskeleton and FN2000 in about 2-3 hours)

EDIT: You should be able to do most of the main missions (at least the ones in the starting area) straight away, but you should explore and do side missions as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

From what I remember it was only certain areas that gave you radiation but it's been a while for me. You should read a guide and spend some time in the first area before rushing through it. Not to say don't do main missions but don't be in a rush to move to the next area. The major difference in COP is artifacts and finding them wheras they were openly visible in the original you need to learn to use the scanner to find them (you'll get better scanners as you go).

aye, but i cant do much if my health is slowly draining away all the time... i'll be running out of med kits in no time

ill just shelve it until complete is out

Try starting a new game, this is a strange issue I've never seen (or heard of) before.

EDIT: Are you sure it's radiation and not bleeding?

aye, but i cant do much if my health is slowly draining away all the time... i'll be running out of med kits in no time

ill just shelve it until complete is out

Well something is up because I did 2 play throughs without any radiation problems. Don't expect complete to solve it. Are you sure it's radiation? I recall spending ages wondering what some of the icons were on the screen. One was green I think when you were carrying too much but the icon itself was far from obvious and so on. Check the meaning of the icons.

aye, saw the bleeding icon too and that went away :) even googled to get a legend for the hud and it's definitely the radiation icon

i'm only an hour in so its not that annoying, but with complete out some time today I think it's probably just best to wait

aye, saw the bleeding icon too and that went away :) even googled to get a legend for the hud and it's definitely the radiation icon

i'm only an hour in so its not that annoying, but with complete out some time today I think it's probably just best to wait

O.k. ignore my question then. I'm not quick enough for you guys :)

• Advertisement

:)

im actually starving atm so this is making me alot more cranky than it should, think ill defrost some stew and stick some potatoes in the steamer then come back to it with a full stomach and some strawberry flavoured nicotine juice

Only other thing I can think of is if you have any radioactive artifacts equipped.

Only other thing I can think of is if you have any radioactive artifacts equipped.

aye I thought it might be that, I have an artifact with +1 radiation but it's not equipped.

possible shadow of chernobyl spoilers, dont read unless you've finished the game
    so while im waiting for the complete mod of pripyat to be released, i decided to try a harder run through of chernobyl. I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty and I installed faction wars mod this time (although im not sure if that changes the single player, or if it'sjust multiplayer) but weird **** is happening.

I just got to the barkeep and he wants me to go to x18 so im not too far in, and im getting the same quests pretty much I got the last time I played it but for example, i have to go kill the fake "sales representetive" of the barkeep.. last time, he was at a stalker hangout in the dark valley.. now he's up in ****ing pripyat! am I really going to have to fight my way through monolith soldiers this early in the game, make my way up to pripyat just to kill this one guy?

is that normal? do the targets in quests move around from playthrough to playthrough? it's pretty cool and all but... jesus christ, pripyat? I'll be murdered

possible shadow of chernobyl spoilers, dont read unless you've finished the game
    so while im waiting for the complete mod of pripyat to be released, i decided to try a harder run through of chernobyl. I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty and I installed faction wars mod this time (although im not sure if that changes the single player, or if it'sjust multiplayer) but weird **** is happening.

I just got to the barkeep and he wants me to go to x18 so im not too far in, and im getting the same quests pretty much I got the last time I played it but for example, i have to go kill the fake "sales representetive" of the barkeep.. last time, he was at a stalker hangout in the dark valley.. now he's up in ****ing pripyat! am I really going to have to fight my way through monolith soldiers this early in the game, make my way up to pripyat just to kill this one guy?

is that normal? do the targets in quests move around from playthrough to playthrough? it's pretty cool and all but... jesus christ, pripyat? I'll be murdered
    Targets can move around, I found him in the Military Warehouses, I think.

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/31083

Call of Pripyat Complete finally up!

Damn it! Beaten to posting the link by 1 minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

72vpxs.gif

2 hours in, it crashed :)

loving it so far though, still kind of annoyed at the inventory. it's so awkward comparing two different weapons now to see which is better but the game itself is great.

• Advertisement

2 hours in, it crashed :)

loving it so far though, still kind of annoyed at the inventory. it's so awkward comparing two different weapons now to see which is better but the game itself is great.

I think the inventory is better, I can equip 2 full-sized weapons at once :)

Advertisement