Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

If you have Stalker, shadow of chernobyl.
    Get the stalker complete mod AND the weapon damage mod (dont know if its the official title but its by the same epeople that did stalker complete.)

Much more realistic damage from weapons (for both player and npcs) and has the knock-on effect that you dont have to haul massive ammounts of ammo around with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

I've just reinstalled it there with the complete mod. Hadn't got very far last time before my computer had to be wiped. Forgotten how good it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

SoC & Complete is probably the best fps of all time IMO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Before you install the complete mod make sure your PC can run the outdoor sections smoothly first. My PC can just about do the outdoor sections on the normal version. With Complete it's a sub 1 FPS slideshow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the complete mod just a straight install?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, download the exe and install it. then start stalker again like normal.

you have to run a game of stalker one time before you install the mod though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

yeah, download the exe and install it. then start stalker again like normal.

you have to run a game of stalker one time before you install the mod though.

Do you mean load a saved game?or complete the game once?

nah, just open the game and walk around in it for like.. 2 seconds
    then exit out, install mod and start a new game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

nah, just open the game and walk around in it for like.. 2 seconds
    then exit out, install mod and start a new game

Is there a reason for that? I don't think i done that before i installed the Complete mod.

I tried to install the complete mod for clear sky without having played the game, and it said it couldn't find an installation, but once i'd started it up and exited the mod installed fine

i just assumed it was the same for the other stalkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

yeah i had to do that too, the solution was posted in the comments section of its site

• Registered Users Posts: 83,332 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I assume the complete mod wont mess up my save file

they reccomend starting anew game, cos the mod might not work properly with your save game..but I started the mod with a save game i made in vanilla.

now i was only about 4-5 hours in, so I hadnt really done muchin the game.. if you're installing it with a 20-30 hour save game.. you're just giving the game and the mod far more chances not to get along with your savegame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Is there a reason for that? I don't think i done that before i installed the Complete mod.

It creates a couple of new files somewhere on the first startup that the mod expects to be there, probably to modify. If it tries to modify files that aren't there, well, there's a problem.

Crap soc wont install for me now at all :'( its just stops half way throught the installing process.any ideas?

Ok so I got an error saying something about a corrupt file and I clicked on the ignore button and it installed but Its crashed when I tryed to load it up :s

try downloading it again?

or delete Stalker and reinstall it?

theres probably a troubleshooting section on the moddb page for complete mod

Well I was trying to reinstall it,I uninstalled it last yr,I took a look at the disc and its fairly scratched,maybe thats the problem?also just installed clear sky,would I be ok just installing the last released patch or would I have to install them all?

ive no idea tbh, I bought all mine on steam so that takes care of all the patching and stuff for me.

for chernobyl.. if you already have the disc, so you already bought the game

maybe you could uh.. you know.. install from a different source, and just keep the cd in the drive if it needs it in to run the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

I really want to play these games again. Need a new damn PC.

Son
    Of
    A
    Whore
    !

16 hours into clear sky, I had just gotten some real nice weapons and I was looking forward to actually being able to take on groups of armed bastards without having to run and hide and pick them off one by one.

then I get ambushed, and all my weapons and money are stolen.

I am most upset.

• Advertisement

Son
    Of
    A
    Whore
    !

16 hours into clear sky, I had just gotten some real nice weapons and I was looking forward to actually being able to take on groups of armed bastards without having to run and hide and pick them off one by one.

I am most upset.

Are you using the complete mod?whats it like with clear sky?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Son
    Of
    A
    Whore
    !

I am most upset.

Thats life in the zone...although if I'm being honest I loaded a save just before that and stashed my stuff in a box outside :) Nothing you can do about the cash though.

well.. complete mod for clear sky doesnt fix every bug, I can tell you that much

the only save I have that I can use (thanks to my relying on auto save, and quick saving before I realised thebug had made it impossible to continue) is 26 hours ago.

That is.. so much **** that I'm going to have to do again. I think I'll just give up. I'll come back to it in a few months time when the pain has lessened, but there is just no way I'm traipsing all over cordon again finding all those stashes and doing all those sidequests.

--edit

dear god, I just reloaded my only good save to see exactlyu where it was. It's right after I leave the swamp for the first time. I'm going to have to replay the entire ****ing game up to this point.

nuh-uh
    no way
    no how

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

well.. complete mod for clear sky doesnt fix every bug, I can tell you that much

the only save I have that I can use (thanks to my relying on auto save, and quick saving before I realised thebug had made it impossible to continue) is 26 hours of gameplay ago.

That is.. so much **** that I'm going to have to do again. I think I'll just give up. I'll come back to it in a few months time when the pain has lessened, but there is just no way I'm traipsing all over cordon again finding all those stashes and doing all those sidequests.

Grab a save online maybe.

that's just feel dirty

some games I can do that, but not an rpg-ish game like stalker

i think i'll just.. study for my exams or something

Dont waste you time with CS anyway. Its **** compared to SoC & CoP. I only have it installed as a graphics showcase (its more or less the prettiest of the 3)

i was enjoying it, definitely wasn't as good as chernobyl or pripyat but.. 26 hours in, and i was having a great time with it

I wouldn't advise someone to avoid it, but I would advise them to save often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Reading through this thread I'm very tempted to try this, not sure if my laptop will handle it smoothly but recommend Chernobyl or Pripyat first?

Harps wrote: »
    Reading through this thread I'm very tempted to try this, not sure if my laptop will handle it smoothly but recommend Chernobyl or Pripyat first?

If youre worried about performance, go with SOC. Its much less demanding than COP

• Advertisement

I'm having a problem with cop where when I try and hire a merc to bring me to the yanov factory (think thats what its called) when it gets to the loading screen it'll just hang and crash eventually :(

Advertisement