Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Friday 31st May

Cycled 58km this week.

Split Snatch
    2x3@40g
    2x3@50kg
    3@60kg
    2x3@68kg missed one
    2x2@72kg missed one
    3x1@76kg missed two of em

Split Clean & Jerk
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@80kg
    2x3@85kg
    2@90kg
    1xf@95kg deadlift

Walking Lunges
    5 steps forward, 5 steps back
    3@40kg

Absolute sham of a training session. I've been tired all week but it wasn't really affecting the weights lifted much until tonight. I picked the wrong night to base percentages off 85/105 vs the 80/100 I have been using.

Knee is still dodge albeit not as bad as last week. I dumped the bar a lot before standing to full recovery on the snatches. Same on cleans apart from the last one where I'd go for a jerk which would then get dumped.

Going surfing for the weekend but after that I'm going fathlete and dropping all activity apart from lifting sessions. Gotta totes supercompensate next week brah. Taper the f*ck out of it.

I did 5-6 hours of surfing over the weekend.

Monday 3rd June

Split Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    3@60kg
    2@68kg
    1@76kg
    3xf@80kg derp

Split Clean & Jerk
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    2@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@95kg
    3x1@100kg failed the second one

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    4@80kg
    3@90kg
    3@100kg
    2@110kg
    1@115kg
    1xf@120kg I didn't even make an effort to come back up on this one

Pretty hectic weekend with surfing, lots of driving, lack of sleep so I was fairly shattered today. The idea of the session was 3x1 @ openers. The plan is 80/100 I didn't hit one of the snatches but given how wrecked I was I say I'll probably still be going with 80kg.

The 100kg C&J's were tough I missed the second one because I caught it in a low split and when I tried to recover my back leg starting sliding back so I dumped it. Definitely fine to open at 100kg on the C&J though with 80kg being a touch risky on the snatch.

Tuesday 4th June

Power Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x2@50kg
    2x1@60kg

Power Clean & Power Jerk
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    2x1@80kg

Let the tapering begin.

Wednesday 5th June

Split Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    2x2@60kg
    1@70kg
    2x1@72kg

Split Clean & Jerk
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@85kg
    1@90kg

The fog of training is starting to lift and I'm beginning to feel refreshed and energetic. Lifts were pretty easy @ 85%.

Knee still niggley but not as bad as last week. It'll hold up for comp and I can give it a bit of a rest afterwards.

Thursday 6th June

Power Snatch
    3x3@40kg

Power Clean & Power Jerk
    3x3@60kg

+ all the kstarrs

Cycling this week
    33km at a very leisurely pace

The cycling was quite enjoyable and relaxing apart from having to constantly remind myself as people were passing me that my self worth is not based on being a faster commuter than them :(

Full rest day tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Saturday 8th June

Nationals

Weigh-in
    72.4kg pure massive

Snatch
    83tf
    83f

Clean & Jerk
    103f
    103f

Only 2/6 lifts so not a good result. Not too emo about it though just had a bit of an unfortunate day and unlucky not to get 4/6 lifts.

The second snatch was a stronger lift than my first but I had a knee touch and got two red lights. That kinda threw me off for the last attempt where I tried to power it up and catch it higher to avoid another knee touch but I didn't have the strength to pull it high enough for that.

Second clean wasn't great racked it ok but brought my back left forward too much and got caught in weird position that I couldn't squat out of so I dropped it not the unlucky one

Last clean was better and the jerk flew up but the platform was slippy and my back foot started sliding backwards after I landed it. The bar started to coming crashing down on me down so I did a ninja cartwheel out backwards to avoid getting guillotined. I'll have to see if anyone got that on video for the lulz.

Leinsters are in 5 weeks so I'll go out with the same plan regards openers and jumps and hopefully get a few more lifts in then!

Sunday 9th June

Hanging around getting in the way most of the day. After the comp finished we made use of the indoor facilities.

ECB Sprint off
    Long jump

The long jump may be a new calling #bobbeamon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

token wrote: »
    Saturday 8th June

Nationals
    I did a ninja cartwheel out backwards to avoid getting guillotined. I'll have to see if anyone got that on video for the lulz.

Best moment from Saturday. You could have been an acrobat.

Monday 10th June

Bench
    muscleup warmup
    Up to 85kg failed 90kg first time doing anything upperbody in 3 months

Then sh*t escalated quickly, like it really got out of hand fast.

Two men enter one man leave elimination rounds of
    12 Deadlifts
    9 Powercleans
    6 Push Jerk
    @70kg

Lost my first round by a rep...thank f*ck.

then...

2 man Vs 2 man
    3 rounds alternating of..
    10 Powersnatch @ 50kg (30 reps each in total)

I say I was hitting at least 40% slop by the last 4 reps.

I didn't do the next one but for record keeping purposes 5 of the lads did...

50kg per hand farmers walks x 20 yards
    Run back
    80kg sled pull x 20 yards
    Run back
    Tyre flip 20 yards

Club record 54 seconds for the above by some guy on this forum claiming to have invented fitness or something.

Then...I went back in for the last one of..

As many reps as possible
    30kg strict press

I got 30 reps which was only 4 off the best which wasn't bad for one of the skinnier men involved.

I'm feeling elite as f*ck after all that so much so I'll be checking my piss for brown every two hours for the rest of the night.

#broadtimeandmodaldomains

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭imnothim

50kg per hand farmers walks x 20 yards30m
    Run back
    80kg sled pull x 20 yards30m
    Run back
    Tyre flip 20 yards30m

Club record 54 seconds for the above by some guy on this forum claiming to have invented fitness or something.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85010404&postcount=343

just so they all know ;)

Tuesday 11th June

Track
    5x40m w/ blocks

Imma do a track meet tomorrow night so did some block work with a few of the others also racing. I didn't feel too bad after all of yesterdays shenigans just some upper body doms.

• Advertisement

Wednesday 12th June

Dublin Graded Meet #4 @ Morton Stadium

100m
    12.48 +1.1m wind PB

400m
    57.59 PB by default

The plan was to continue last weeks taper into this meet but then Monday night happened. Bastards!

The 100m equals my time in Greystones but when you take wind into account it's a PB. Which I'll take because my legs started to give out after 50m! I'd no local muscular endurance in my legs after Monday night. It didn't help that I somehow got lost cycling home from Irishtown last night. I took a wrong turn and spent 15 minutes trying to figure out where to go only to end up back in Irishtown! I'm very special.

The conditions were a lot worse today as well with the rain. The other lads who raced Greystones were 0.2 to 0.3 slower today. So it's all good in the hood. Even though it felt Iike I ran slower than Greystones I remembered to relax a bit more and concentrate on form more than I did then. Even so one of the lads was still saying my shoulders are hunched up too high and I'd run faster if I sorted that.

First timed 400m so I couldn't do anything but PB. Which was good because my legs were bollixed. I went slow enough 50-250m cause I knew I couldn't hack a fast pace. I was way behind the leaders but luckily they started to tie up a bit and I put more effort in so I was only 1-2 seconds behind the majority in the end.

I'm not doing another 400m unless I'm rested going into it. It was fairly horrible I was having trouble standing after it. Bloody Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gmcgettrick

You better rest up before the ECB games tomorrow night!!

You better rest up before the ECB games tomorrow night!!

Full rest day today! eyes on the prize.

Friday 16th June

Fairly bollixed after Nationals, Crossfit, Track nights! so I didn't do any proper training.

Bench
    up to being equally as ****e as Monday night.

ECB Games #3?
    3 x 3 man teams of that strongman circuit from Monday night.
    Klokov press ladder elimination
    Curl ladder elimination

Side event:
    1 legged C&J, got up to 60kg. I didn't try more because it was rough enough on hamstring cleaning it up. Bodyweight might be a good goal on this one.

Weeks Cycling
    40km

Took the full weekend off then and back into proper training from Monday for Leinsters and a few track meets here and there.

Monday 17th June

Power Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    2x2@60kg
    2x1@65kg

Power Clean
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    6x2@80kg

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    5@80kg
    5@90kg
    5x5@100kg

Lunge
    3x10@20kg

F*ck off ya bollix^

Wednesday 19th June

Power Snatch
    2x3@50kg
    6x2@60kg

Split Clean & Jerk
    2x3@70kg
    3@80kg
    2x3@85kg
    2x2@90kg
    2x2@85kg

Snatch Pulls
    3x3@90kg

Clean Pulls
    3x3@110kg

The session that didn't want to get done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Monday 17th June

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    5@70kg
    5@80kg
    5@90kg
    5x5@100kg

Nice. Insertions be damned.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Nice. Insertions be damned.

Haha yeah surprisingly despite being down bodyweight my strength numbers are improving. I did 105kg 3x5 a few weeks ago. The plan is to get to 110kg for 5x5 before I get distracted by anything else. That wouldn't be so bad.

Saturday 22nd June

Split Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    3@60kg
    2x3@68kg
    2x2@72kg
    2x2@70kg meant to do 2x3@68kg again but didn't want to

Split Clean & Jerk
    3@70kg
    2x3@85kg
    3x2@90kg

Split Squat
    2x5@50kg
    5@60kg
    3@70kg only done right side from here cos I got lazy
    3@80kg
    3@90kg

I had a few late nights this week so this supposedly light session was murder.

Cycling this week
    35km

Max week now. Tonight will most likely be a disaster and make me question why I even bother with this crap. I'll whack back the coffee anyway and give it a lash.

Monday 24th June

Split Snatch
    up to 75kg, fail 78kg, clark'd 80kg

Back Squat
    up to 115kg, failed 120kg

Session was a load of balls as predicted. Something something emo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Monday 24th June

Split Snatch
    up to 75kg, fail 78kg, clark'd 80kg

Back Squat
    up to 115kg, failed 120kg

Session was a load of balls as predicted. Something something emo...

259746.jpg

Bastard!

Tuesday 25th June

Track
    6x60m w/ 5 min rest

Quality over quantity innit'

Unfortunately missed track completely last week. I didn't forget how to sprint like the last time I didn't go in a while though. It's starting to sink in a bit and come more natural.

Wednesday 26th June

Power Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x2@50kg
    1@60kg
    1@63kg
    1@66kg
    f@68kg parallel
    1@68kg

Split Clean & Jerk
    3@60kg
    2@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@95kg
    f@100kg fail clean
    f@100kg fail jerk

F*ck it anyway. I think that little wave of progression I was on has run it's course. Motivation fading. The emo is dead long live the emo.

Soundtrack of the night
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9gKyRmic20

I did a touch of arsing about afterwards with empty bar squat jumps and one legged bounding. I pictured myself looking like this while doing it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q33pqu-zRas (see 50''ish second mark) but not so much.

Friday 29th June

Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x2@50kg
    1@60kg
    1@65kg
    1@70kg
    1@75kg
    f@80kg bitch'd it up but dropped on recovery
    f@83kg didn't miss by much so gamble'd up the weight for pb attempt
    f@86kg clark

Split Clean & Jerk
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@100kg
    f@105kg got clean, fail jerk, again on recovery
    f@108kg got clean, pure grinder and jerk got dumped after 3 seconds thinking about how heavy the bar felt

De'emo'd myself there. I was expecting another sh*te session because I had a few drinks the night before and when I was cycling home after I got it into my head I was Lance Armstrong hit the drops and absolutely tore up the road. Was bollixed after.

There was a good buzz in the gym though and lot of lads were pb'ing so I tried to ride on the wave of that. No pb but happy with that 108kg clean when 100kg was killing me on Wednesday.

Rewarded myself with a good session by going for more drinks. That made me miss sprinting session though this morning so I might make an attempt to get out for it later but feeling lazy so I dunno.

Cycled 58km last week

Monday 1st July

Powersnatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    6x2@60kg

Powerclean and Jerk
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@80kg
    2x2@90kg

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    3@80kg
    2@90kg
    5@100kg
    5@105kg
    4@110kg stapled on last one

Press
    f@60kg
    5x5@50kg

Experimented with liquid and intermittent fasting diets over the weekend. I didn't manage to crack a working formula yet. I'm gonna skip any more testing of protocols until Leinsters are over with.

Almost got 5 reps on 110kg squat though which woulda been v.good for me.

I'll have to do a bit of upperbody after Leinsters. Press was shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

you squatting 1.5BW for reps now?

you can't be emo about that!

you squatting 1.5BW for reps now?

you can't be emo about that!

It's purely fueled by the hate and resentment I have that just about everyone else I train with can squat double bodyweight. Half-jokes aside though I'm pretty happy I'm progressing on them again. The target is 110kg 5x5 now and after go down in reps and go for 1 rep max.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

so basically, you want me to go back training with ye so I;m the weakest there?

• Advertisement

so basically, you want me to go back training with ye so I;m the weakest there?

We need someone from the area or surrounding area of hardy buck land to replace Ger when he leaves. There is a certain quota of ****e talk we have to maintain.

Advertisement