Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imma gonna be an Emo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

token wrote: »
    We need someone from the area or surrounding area of hardy buck land to replace Ger when he leaves. There is a certain quota of ****e talk we have to maintain.

I guess that qualifies me.

We'll have to see about honourary membership and a once/twice a month appearance for comedic value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Tuesday 2nd July

Track

Bunch of drills & strides then..

5x120m w/5min recovery @ 85%

There's a new coach at the sessions now and he's brought a few other sprinters so it was good tonight big group. Well he's continued coaching who he has been already and took on us.

He's good very hands on. I realised I was doing some of the drills I had being done wrong. I didn't get any 1on1 tips yet regards full sprints but I'll go looking for that after Leinsters.

The first speed endurance session I've done in ages so I was feeling this one. Lactic headache at the end.

Wednesday 3rd July

Power Snatch
    2x3@50kg
    5x2@60kg

Split Clean & Jerk
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    3@70kg
    3@80kg
    3@85kg
    2@90kg
    1@95kg
    2x2@85kg

Snatch Pulls
    3x3@90kg

Clean Pulls
    3x3@110kg

I usually get through Wednesdays pretty quick but that took me over two hours. Just did not want to train at all so tired n stiff from last two days. I asked a few times if somebody could finish the session for me and I'd get them back later but the pricks all said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭imnothim

you never asked me

imnothim wrote: »
    you never asked me

If my program had heavy reverse curls on it I'd have been straight over.

• Advertisement

Friday 5th July

Split Snatch
    3@40kg
    2x3@50kg
    2@60kg
    1@65kg
    1@70kg
    1@75kg
    f@80kg
    1@80kg
    f@83kg
    f@83kg

Split Clean & Jerk
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@90kg
    1@100kg
    f@105kg below the knee clark

I wasn't in the mood for slogging through a volume session so just max'd. I was meant to do split squats after but the knee is at me again since sprinting Tuesday so I left it out.

Got a track meet tomorrow in Morton stadium the 100m & 200m. I should be fresher than previous meets I've done since I essentially did f*ck all tonight. So PB or emo. I'll be tapering up for the next meet I do after Leinsters are out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Beshta luck today lad.

Cheers I just looked at the start lists and they are mixing men and women in the same 100m races so that should provide a bit of extra encouragement to run fast. Ailis McSweeney is running in the grade above me.

Cycle'd 58km this week.

Saturday 6th July

Irish Milers Club Meet #2 @ Morton Stadium

100m
    12.38 w/ -1.3m/s wind

200m

0.10 PB a piece on both races. I was hoping for a little lower especially on the 200m but my legs got heavy after the 100m.

Considering the sprinting hasn't got much attention the past while I'll take it. I'll need to put in a serious effort with it after Leinsters. I'd like to try break the old white guy barrier of 12 seconds before the Summer is out.

Monday 8th July

Split Snatch
    2x3@40kg
    2x2@50kg
    2@60kg
    1@65kg
    1@70kg
    1@75kg
    f@78kg clark

Split Clean & Jerk
    3@50kg
    3@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80kg
    1@85kg
    1@90kg
    1@95kg
    1@100kg clark

Back Squat
    5@60kg
    3@80kg
    2@90kg
    1@100kg
    1@110kg
    1@115kg

I seem to be getting fond of clarking it. A worryingly development.

Legs were gone I spent the rest of the weekend running around at home with my nephew and 3 month old jack russell puppy. Also invented a new sport called 'trampoline ball'.

I should probably start tapering but I think I'll go sprinting tomorrow. Not really feelin' the Leinsters tbh and not motivated enough to skip it*

*Not motivated enough to skip a training session is probably a new one.

• Advertisement

Here's a video of the 100m at the weekend.
    http://ireland.flotrack.org/coverage/250916-Irish-Milers-Club-Crusaders-GV-Ryan-Meet/video/716971-100m-Mixed-C-race

I'm second from the right. While the technique still needs a lot of work I don't look as retarded as I did in the video of my first race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭RandyMann

Here's a video of the 100m at the weekend.
    http://ireland.flotrack.org/coverage/250916-Irish-Milers-Club-Crusaders-GV-Ryan-Meet/video/716971-100m-Mixed-C-race

I'm second from the right. While the technique still needs a lot of work I don't look as retarded as I did in the video of my first race.

Well done on your only second race, the times will keep coming down for sure.

RandyMann wrote: »
    Well done on your only second race, the times will keep coming down for sure.

Cheers Graham. In the interest of full disclosure though it's my 3rd race but I'm still firmly playing the newbie card.

Tuesday 9th July

Track
    5x75m w/ 5 min rest

I was meant to do 8 reps but got a bad case of shin splints after the weekend so had to drop out. The quality wasn't very good anyway as my legs are shot in general.

The plan now is to do as little as possible between now and Saturday and try to recover. I'll do next to nothing tomorrow just some warmup weights.

Wednesday 11th July

Split Snatch
    3x3@40kg

Split Clean & Jerk
    3x3@60kg

DB Incline Press
    3x8@20kg

DB Curl
    8@16kg
    2x8@18kg someone stole my 16's so I had to go all CT Fletcher here

Given how wrecked my legs are I did as little as possible there. Just keeping the movements intact. I was gonna leave it there but I was waiting around so did the swole. I've gotten very weak in upper body I'll definitely do a bit of work there from next week.

Cycled 40k

Saturday 13th July

Leinsters

BW: 75.4kg

Snatch
    77,80x,80x

Clean & Jerk
    100x,100x,100

77/100

Pretty sh*te.

The legs didn't really bounce back much and I was finding 70+ snatch heavy in the warmup. I was happy to get the opening snatch cause it felt v.heavy. Second one was crap. Third one I lost it on recovery. 50/50 on foot slipping on platform and just being a bad position anyway.

Didn't even rack the first C&J. The second one I racked it but foot started sliding backwards and I had to dump it. Platform was really bad. I held up the show for about 10 minutes while they flipped it around and what not to try sort it. Got the last one after all that thank god.

Gonna take a break for awhile I needed one after Nationals but decided to keep going until Leinsters was over with it. I didn't progress at all since then because there was nothing really in the tank.

I'll focus on sprinting for the next month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Cycled 40k

Saturday 13th July

Leinsters

BW: 75.4kg

Snatch
    77,80x,80x

Clean & Jerk
    100x,100x,100

77/100

Pretty sh*te.

The legs didn't really bounce back much and I was finding 70+ snatch heavy in the warmup. I was happy to get the opening snatch cause it felt v.heavy. Second one was crap. Third one I lost it on recovery. 50/50 on foot slipping on platform and just being a bad position anyway.

Didn't even rack the first C&J. The second one I racked it but foot started sliding backwards and I had to dump it. Platform was really bad. I held up the show for about 10 minutes while they flipped it around and what not to try sort it. Got the last one after all that thank god.

Gonna take a break for awhile I needed one after Nationals but decided to keep going until Leinsters was over with it. I didn't progress at all since then because there was nothing really in the tank.

I'll focus on sprinting for the next month or so.

That ****ing platform is going in the fire. Well done for totalling man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Fair play on the third C&J after all the trouble you caused.

I second the burning. It would make a good barbeque.

Tuesday 16th July

Track
    150-120-100-80-100-120 w/ 6,5,4,3,4,5 min rest

The usual drills & strides then the above. Tuesdays are speed endurance days and usually tough going. I think the coach called it a corkscrew with the distance and rest going down and then back up.

Gonna try get a session with the physio in ECB tomorrow if he's there to see if he can sort out issue I have with my right lat area for the last few months that I've been ignoring. I still have some shin splints from last week also that would be nice to get some relief from.

Speed session on Thursday.

Wednesday 17th July

Weightlifting go slow continues.

Was in the gym for about 3 hours and didn't touch a weight.

30 min PT session
    1 hour rollin' around by myself
    1.5 hour sh*te talkin'

• Advertisement

Thursday 18th July

Track
    Drills + strides
    6x50m from blocks w/5m rest

Speed session. Shtone mad for spheed.

Decent enough session. Legs are starting to feel better and getting a bit faster. Well the top half of them anyway I'm absolutely murdered with shin splints at the moment and had to sit out the 6th rep. This is the worst dose I've ever had of them.

I'm away for the weekend surfing and drinking so will miss a technical session on Saturday. I'm in need of a session like that but shin splints would probably have restricted me from doing much anyway.

Last 100m of the year that I known of next Wednesday! Gonna try rest as much as possible for that and give it the best attempt I can. I reckon I can knock a few tenths off.

Cycled 36km last week

Friday:
    Meant to go training to do upper body but bad time management* meant I didn't have time

Saturday:
    2hrs surfing in the am + X hrs of throwing shapes in the pm

Sunday:
    Sleep

Monday:
    2hrs Kayaking. Didn't drown. Success.

Tuesday:
    Rest

*Lying around in bed half the morning

Wednesday 24th July

Graded Meet No.7 @ Tallaght AC

100m
    12.57 w/ -0.5m/s wind

On paper it's my worst time yet while being the best prepared. Well best prepared probably isn't the right word but I was the most recovered and fresh I've ever been for a race after a bit of a break from the weights.

Everybody had slow times though there was a strong enough crosswind and looks like Tallaght just run's a bit slower than the other tracks as well. I was 0.2s down on my previous meet where as the other guys from the club racing were 0.3 to 0.4s down. I took the least hit in times so I'm going to take that as a positive. The fastest time of the whole day was 11.26 and there is always someone 11 flat or less in these meets.

Still a bit of a balls though I had 12.2 in my head for it which would have been decent enough to finish the year on and primed for sub 12 next year. Well I'm still primed for that I guess given some more focused training next year and good race conditions.

200m coming up Wednesday two weeks and that's it for the year afaik. I'll try get a couple of weight sessions in before backing off again in the run up to that. I think I need to start squatting again before the strength starts going down.

/rabblerabble

Friday 27th July

Back Squat
    5@50kg
    5@70kg
    5@80kg
    5@90kg
    5@95kg
    5@100kg

Was short on time so only got that done. Felt heavy :(

Monday 29th July

Snatch
    8x2@40kg on the minute

Split Jerks
    8x2@65kg from box on the minute

Clean Deadlifts
    5's @ 80kg, 100kg, 110kg, 120kg, 130kg

Wide Grip Pullups

TYI Fly
    ss
    DB Rotator

4x8 w/ 1.5kg & 2.5kg

Start of 4 week out of comp phase program. So some exercises I don't usually do aka strong swole with some pre-habby type stuff thrown in. The weightlifting stuff jumps 10% per week. I did the sets on the minute tonight because the weights were v.light and I didn't want to waste time looking at the bar given the high number of sets. I'm going to do the full lifts vs the split for the 4 weeks so they will get hard for me by the end especially on the cleans.

I was trying to keep the deadlifts with good clean form but the 130's definitely got a bit english so I'll repeat the same weights next week.

I have a few distractions coming up but I'll try get 3 sessions in a week. There's a 4th optional day there also if I'm feeling energetic and have the time.

Tuesday 30th July

Track
    (90-120-150) x 2

3 minute rest after 90, 4 after 120 and 6 minute between sets.

Woke up smothered this morning. Felt the onset of it coming since Friday, started to kick in yesterday with feeling sluggish then with death arriving this morning followed by full on rigor mortis after that session. Aids in the middle of summer...typical. Also fairly dom'd out of it on top of that. I'm not used to dem dere gainz programs anymore.

That'll was my last session at track though ahead of graded meet next Wednesday cause I'm missing thurs/sat so I figured I better do it.

Gonna keep up the training anyway and just try get some extra sleep. I need to resupply myself with some vitamins and what not as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Monday 29th July

Snatch
    8x2@40kg on the minute

Split Jerks
    8x2@65kg from box on the minute

Clean Deadlifts
    5's @ 80kg, 100kg, 110kg, 120kg, 130kg

Wide Grip Pullups

TYI Fly
    ss
    DB Rotator

4x8 w/ 1.5kg & 2.5kg

Start of 4 week out of comp phase program. So some exercises I don't usually do aka strong swole with some pre-habby type stuff thrown in. The weightlifting stuff jumps 10% per week. I did the sets on the minute tonight because the weights were v.light and I didn't want to waste time looking at the bar given the high number of sets. I'm going to do the full lifts vs the split for the 4 weeks so they will get hard for me by the end especially on the cleans.

I was trying to keep the deadlifts with good clean form but the 130's definitely got a bit english so I'll repeat the same weights next week.

I have a few distractions coming up but I'll try get 3 sessions in a week. There's a 4th optional day there also if I'm feeling energetic and have the time.

Thank Christ. I was about to move your log to the running forum.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Thank Christ. I was about to move your log to the running forum.

I'd have to hire someone full time to move my log around the different sports forums. I'm potentially doing a sprint triathlon in two weeks the only thing leaving indecision is a genuine fear of drowning.

Anyways emo updates I got a proper full on dose there not the type you can train through I was off work for two days. I'll probably reset on that 4 week program either next week or the week after and cut down Cork specific training program from 8 weeks to 6. I seem to peak on those type of programs about 6 weeks in anyway.

Wednesday 8th August

Went down to training on the chance I'd run into physio but he'd left already. Still feel too sh*t to do anything so mostly sat around. I started getting slightly fidgety after about an hour and did the following.

Almost dislocated my shoulder doing muscleups
    1x8 chinups
    DB Press @ 15kg
    ss
    DB Row @ 25kg
    3x10

Powercleaned and jerked a massive 50kg twice and felt faint so stopped.

I'm guessing I won't train again until Monday. Also that triathlon idea is out I was too out of it to attempt swimming last weekend to test my non drowning capabilities.

• Advertisement

Saturday 11th August

Surfin'
    2hrs 15m

Got some good waves brah biggest of my surfing career so far. I went over to the crazy swayze area of the beach as well for the first time. It was impressive to see the proper surfers going at it.

Here's a unrelated video of me hitting a ball with a stick.

Advertisement